From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-8452 I2C Slave write error -301782

Hello,

I want to create simulate slave on I2C bus using USB-8452. My external master send read request and I want to answer from simulated slave. But, when I want to use VI NI-845x I2C Slave Write.vi, I got this error -301782. What does it means, what is wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,544 Views)

Hi Martin,

are you still struggling with this problem? Or you had already dealt with it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,465 Views)

Hello,

I have already solved this topic. I have wrongly implemented the communication procedure of slave writing. Now, I have fixed.

Thank you

M.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,431 Views)

Hey Martin, 

I am still having the same problem.

Can you please tell me how you solved it? 

Regards

Hmd

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,407 Views)

Hello Hmd,

I wanted to simulate slave with this behaviour: My master asks slave for a data. Slave should receive this request and answer to master. For this behaviour, I had to follow the procedure from NI help. It means to configure I2C slave, start I2C slave, wait for a message from master, read this message (VI I2C Slave Read send automaticaly acknoledge) and again wait for message from master (comand from master that slave can send data) then send a data to master by I2C Slave Write.
2019-08-14_7-57-38.png

Here is a extract from my VI, which works me. I am bigginner with Labview, so the code isn´t so optimal 🙂

2019-08-14_8-17-24.png

Also, take care for pull up resistors. You can switch ON by setting of I2C or you can use external resistors.

I hope it helps a bit.

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,390 Views)