LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typedef control is unresponsive

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm working my way through CLD practice exams. Right now I'm on the car wash. I'm choosing not to include code or screen shots because this issue doesn't really seem to be related to my overall program and I think it would overcomplicate the question, but I can include them if needed.

I'm just barely getting started on this one and I noticed that the "wash options" typedef (given with the problem) is unresponsive when the program is running. It doesn't seem to matter where I place the typedef in the code (right now the general structure is a simple state machine, so a case structure inside a while loop). It doesn't matter if the typedef is inside the case structure, inside the while loop, or outside the while loop. I even tried creating a completely separate/unrelated while loop that executes before the rest of the code and it doesn't work there either so I suspect that there is a setting in the typedef that is causing this behavior but I'm not finding anything.

What I mean by "unresponsive" is that I can click all the buttons and they visibly change positions on the front panel before I run the program. Then, when the program is running, if I click them nothing happens. But if I make my selections before clicking run, the rest of the program behaves as it should (it reads the states of the buttons properly).

I reviewed how this typedef is used in the solution and didn't find anything meaningful there (but it works on my version of LabVIEW so doesn't seem to be an issue with that). I'm not sure why it works in the solution and not in my program that I'm building.

If you need more info, please let me know -- I'm just hoping that this will be obvious to someone and is a simple settings issue.

I'm using LabVIEW 2015 professional.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,943 Views)

Is it an indicator or a control?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,940 Views)

It's a control. 8 buttons.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,938 Views)

Post it in 2017 or earlier.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,936 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AmandaBacala

Hard to say...

Could the control be set to "disabled"?

Other then that, there could be a value change event that set is it back to old. You should know about this, but we don't get to see the code.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,910 Views)

For simplicity's sake, here's a meaningless program that the issue still exists in. Maybe you can see something I don't. It's not programmatically set to disabled through property nodes or anything like that.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,902 Views)

Nevermind! I just found it. It is disabled in the properties. That's exactly what I was looking for and I don't know why I didn't see it. Thanks for making me look again!

Message 7 of 9
(2,900 Views)

@AmandaBacala wrote:

Nevermind! I just found it. It is disabled in the properties. That's exactly what I was looking for and I don't know why I didn't see it. Thanks for making me look again!

Oh you just HAVE to see this thread!

(smiley-wink)

Ben

Message 8 of 9
(2,892 Views)

Ha! Ok, good -- looks like it can happen to anyone Smiley LOL

That does make me feel better...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,887 Views)