cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering led

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Currently still LabVIEW does not work with my interface USB yet. Still working on that to solve the problem.

The triggering machine is my Led(1), First continues signal. At the same time Light gate will record another signal. The signal I record I will apply it on the Led(1).
How can I build a blocks in LabVIEW do to send puls or unity signal. Where can I find these functions.

When I tried to open the files in the link you send it to me, I could not see anything on my screen of LabVIEW (Block diagram or front panel). This what I mean.

When I used K8055, I open a file of LabVIEW. I saw the blocks and how it is connected and how to work with it. But I could not see that will the file I download it from the link you send to me.

Oscillator, I need a function or power supply to send my signal. If I am not wrong. Or there is block ready for what I need? As I mention I am totally new in LabVIEW. I need time to know how to find the function or the block to build my project. 

Regards, Nadjil 

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 60
(1,257 Views)

Dear RedAG,

Finally, I have LabVIEW working on virtual machine on my Mac. I am using k8055 it is working. I test my circuit is working and the Led is triggered too.

Now I don't have control on the Led. It is on or off, I can controlled it by Knob in LabVIEW. This is good, but I want first to send continuous signal for period of time after that I want pulses every 2 or 3 second to send to the same Led for period of time.

I want to control this period of time, how can I build a timer on LabVIEW?

First, continuous signal

Second, then the pulses to be triggered to the same Led

After that I will move to the next stage of my project. 

-------------

Another things, I am using 2012 and 2010, I want to open example from 2012 in 2010 I could not do that, I though to rebuild the example in 2010 but I can not find the block. How can I know where to find? Is there a way to know that?

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 60
(1,239 Views)

Hi Nadjil, nice to know you are making progress. Good job on getting it to work. 

If you want to convert a VI from a certain version to another version, go here http://forums.ni.com/t5/Version-Conversion/bd-p/VersionConversion . Post your code, and then in the subject say from which version you want to convert and to which one. Some one will do it for you very soon.

As for controlling your signal, have a look at this thread http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-create-a-time-delay-between-the-start-of-one-simulated/td-p/1...

What you can do is put a 'wait' to put a delay between your events. This if you are using software timing. Look at this http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/glang/wait_ms/

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4120/en

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 60
(1,237 Views)

Hi,

I worked on my project. I build sinwave generator with 2 sec. I can change the time delay. But I try to connected to other block I got error. 

I include this picture to show you my error. I was trying to fix the error but I don't know how. I know I have to convert something but I don't know where to find it.

I want to see it on my output. Can you help with it, please. 

After that I want do the another delay stage.

First, continuous signal

Second, the while loop of Sinwave with 2 sec. delay

I feel I am to slow with my project because a lot of things I don't know in LabVIEW. This is irritating me.

Screen Shot 2013-05-17 at 3.36.53 PM.png

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 60
(1,220 Views)

Also being handled here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-can-I-build-Oscillator-in-LabVIEW/m-p/2429644/highlight/false

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 60
(1,214 Views)

I use now another way to get my square pulse. I want to make it as a function of time. Now I have only one pulse, I want continuous signal. Any tips how can I do that?

I am losing the signal out of the While Loop, how can get it out of the loop?

I want to apply my square wave after period of time (10min.) I though about "IF statement" and time controller. After t=10min. (for example) my square signal is applied. I want the "t" to be variable I can select the time I want.

I included my file in case you want to have a look to what I did.

Any tips, help and advice are welcome. 

Using LabVIEW 2010, PC: Windows XP

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 60
(1,181 Views)

Hallo RedAG,

I making progress in my work but not fast. I want to ask you about error. I build my blocks, I got my signal I want to use but when I apply it to the k8055 I got error.

"These cannot be wired together because their data types (numeric, string, array, cluster, etc.) do not match. Show the Context Help window to see what data type is required.
The type of the source is 1-D array of
double [64-bit real (~15 digit precision)].
The type of the sink is long [32-bit integer (-2147483648 to 2147483647)]."

This is what I got. I want to solve this error. But till now I don't know how to solve. Do you have any idea or tips how can I solve this error? Which is the correct block to solve this error? 

I use LabVIEW 2010

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 60
(1,164 Views)

Hi Nadijl,

after your hijack of a different thread I will answer here:

your DLL call expects an I32 parameter. You have to provide that and cannot connect a DBL array instead!

Use IndexArray and "Convert to I32" (or an autoindexing FOR loop) for the purpose...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 60
(1,161 Views)

Hi Nadjil, sorry about the very late reply. I posted a reply to your query couple of days back, but for some reason, the post didn't get through strangely.

As Gerd says, this is because you are trying to connect two different sets of data, broadly speaking. Basically, data comming in is 1-D double. But your sink, here, takes in long 32 bit integer. you must haev noticed how the colour of the wires are different. Each colour, and shape.type of wire points out a different data type being transferred through them.

have a look at this for further information http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/labviewbasics/dataflow.htmhttp://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/labviewbasics/datastructures.htm

What you could do is change the representation where its possible, based on your needs. Go to your Block Diagram, on the Functions Palette, choose Programming>Numeric>Conversion.

There you will find sub VI for changing representation.

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 60
(1,145 Views)

Hi RedAG, sorry to be late with my reply to your last reply. I am busy with LabVIEW I got a book to learn more about LabVIEW. My work is divide in 3 stages. I finished the first stage, I moved to the send about timing and triggering now. I have some delay but it is good to understand LabVIEW.

I still have problem with DBL and I32, I know there is block to convert DBL to I32. But the wiring are not accepted. There is thin and thick wire. I need to convert from the thick DBL to thin I32, till now I couldn't solve this problem or I can't find the block that can help me to solve this problem.

Is their a block that can generate signal DBL or I32 and the weir is thin not thick?

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 60
(1,126 Views)