LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger an event using a QR Code scanner

Solved!
Go to solution

I would like to trig an event when data from a QR Code scanner (Eyoyo) is entered in an active string control. There is always the possibility of adding an OK button but I would like to have minimal user interaction.

When the data is entered it is followed by a newline character but since there is no "enter" action performed the value changed event is not triggered.

ScreenShot013.png

I can't use a timeout and compare the string with its previous iteration value since the value doesn't change without a enter. There is probably no way to avoid an OK button but somebody may have had a similar issue and found a way to trig an event. In this case I could use the Prompt User For Input express vi.

Also note the funny scanned data, that is because the Eyoyo uses a Japanese keyboard, I might have to work out a lookup table to get something more readable (the QR Code to be used will be created by our production engineer, hopefully they will create them to be readable).

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,531 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ben64

Just clarifying a few things in my head here, The reason that your data is going into the active string control is because the QR reader is acting as a keyboard right?

So what is the return to the all of the values for the "Key Down" event? Surely one of those must have some correlation to a line return. It's a little hard to test without your setup but surely Char should return a consistent value.

Message 2 of 7
(4,518 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ben64

Update value while typing doesn't work? I thought it triggered a value change each time, and you could check it then for a newline character to know when it's finished

Message 3 of 7
(4,507 Views)

@ogk.nz wrote:

Just clarifying a few things in my head here, The reason that your data is going into the active string control is because the QR reader is acting as a keyboard right?

So what is the return to the all of the values for the "Key Down" event? Surely one of those must have some correlation to a line return. It's a little hard to test without your setup but surely Char should return a consistent value.

Yes, the QR Reader is acting like a keyboard. That seems like a good idea, but I still don't know how to trigger the string control value change when the return character is detected. I will look into it.

Ben64

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,501 Views)

Thanks to both of you, the solution I'm developing is a combination of your answers. The string is set to update while typing and I'm also using a string key down event and when the return key is detected I'm triggering a user event to process the QR scanner data.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,483 Views)

right click in control string, chose limit 1 row, you can do it

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,399 Views)

Hi! i need help! i just bought eyoyo qr code reader/scanner for my project but i dont know how to use it. It is said plug and play so i just thought when you scan the qr code it will be redirected to the link but when i scan it nothing happened. there is no installation disk or whatsoever and i am so confuse. How do you use eyoyo scanner ? please help, thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,913 Views)