cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timed Switch between 3 Cases and Back!

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to determine how I can switch between three cases in a case structure allowing a certain time between each switch.

For example: say I have three cases in a case structure (Cases {0,1,2}) where zero is the default case.

What I would to do is start in the default case 0 wait 1 sec, switch to case 1, wait 1 sec switch to case 2, wait 1 sec switch back to case 1, wait 1 second switch back to case 0.  Then repeat the order.

I was using the timer elapsed value from the Ramp Tim function to switch a select function between true and false but with the additional case I don't think this approach will work.

Any ideas?

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,214 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author smoothdurban

Search for the term "State Machine". It is what you re trying to invent (nice work) so feel free to "Cheat" and look for the wheel as it exists now.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,210 Views)

Thanks a bunch.  I have been able to perofmr this simple task and have the possibly to complete much more complicated ones!

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,200 Views)