From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time/Date string to seconds?

Thanks Frozen for the "Edit" and credit...

Also thanks for posting a proper screen capture (I don't have LabVIEW installed on my "Internet Computer".)

What I thought was most interesting is the ability to just Use %T and not have to remember all that formatting gobbly gook (%<%Y-%m-%d .....).

Cheers

Certified LabVIEW Developer
LabVIEW 7.1 - Present
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(957 Views)

Watch out with the %T formatting!!!!!

That will use whatever the current locale is configured for and can vary between computers greatly and even on the same computer between user profiles.

Not a problem if it is just about reading back the file right after it is created but certainly going to bite you if your application is meant to create data files for archiving and read back later from different users.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(941 Views)

FYI just for fun.

This thread is now the current record-holder in the zombie thread revival thread, a meta-discussion about whether old threads should be locked after a period of inactivity.

(More discussion available if you follow the link, but I'l summarize my own thoughts here:  nope, don't lock 'em.  Searches turn up old threads and some old threads benefit from correction or expansion, like this new record-holder here for instance.)

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 13 of 14
(925 Views)

Ooooo, I like shiny things and helping or creating world records!

Now another thread I commented on that was created in 2012 has to have some kind of record!

It's 54 pages of comments and I get emails almost daily on it...

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Certification/Sample-Exam-Solutions-for-Review/td-p/1824703

Thanks for that disclaimer on usage of %T, awesome good to know info!!

Certified LabVIEW Developer
LabVIEW 7.1 - Present
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(872 Views)