Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Exam Solutions for Review

This thread is dedicated to providing a centralized place for reviewing sample exam solutions and providing feedback. Feel free to post your solutions to any of the sample exams to receive feedback from other users in the forums. You can also go to the Certification Preparation Page to view all the official preparation resources the Certification Development team has made available online.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 623
(34,374 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 623
(34,412 Views)

Hello,

So it's a bit late really considering I have the exam first thing tomorrow, but I did my last two practice exams this week for the ATM and Sprinkler system and thought I'd pop them up to see if anyone has some last minute feedback or wise words. Both are saved for LV 8.6.

I've actually only been using LabVIEW for about 12 months and not as a full time developer, so I probably fall a bit short of the recommended experience, but the opportunity arose and I figured there's no harm in giving it a shot!

Thanks in advance for any feedback or pointers...

Message 3 of 623
(33,658 Views)

Hello all.
i preparing for CLD in september. And I would like to know about my mistakes. It will help me to solve well.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 623
(33,549 Views)

Manushak

-Spell checking

-Wait 200ms => requirement: Respond to front panel controls (within 100 ms)

-Wire bends

-Timer VI: place comments inside, use error terminals, use a better icon (prettier), wire bencds

-Log file VI: FP saved as maximized... wire bends (same for Pre purge VI)

-Use type defs for UI controls

-Use tip strips for UI controls!!!

I did not check for the functional requirements.

My opinion is you really need to focus on your neatness because you'll loose points on style. You'll loose points on documentation since you did not use tip strips for UI controls, and a sub VI lacks of comments. Actual CLD takes more time than sample exams so you may need to improve your coding speed.

Rodéric L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 623
(33,521 Views)

Thank you for replying

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 623
(33,508 Views)

Hi everyone,

Here is my solution for the ATM simulator (I was able to finish it in less than 4 hours but I took a look at another solution before which had a complete different design).

I’m sure that this solution needs more documentation and since I used the read/write spreadsheet VI without error in/out my error - handling is not ok.

I would be glad if someone could take a look and give me a feedback

It is a translation of my German version. I hope I did not too many mistakes in translating all the ATM massages and comments

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 623
(33,462 Views)

Overall Very nice.

Can you link the requirements?  The last I read them the app was supposed to exit if E was not pressed after the card was inserted.  (I agree that your behavior is mor appropriate but if you deviated from spec you should have justified it with a comment.

Nicly commented!

Great use of a Resource Module for the File IO!

One nearly fatal flaw though.  Where are the tip strips on the FP user objects?  Those tip strips are your Primary means of telling the user what they are seeing and what to expect when they click.

Where is the ICON for the GUISmiley Surprised

Two style questions for you to consider on the button and menu clusters.  You allways convert to arrays anyhow when the buttons are pressed so, why did you use clusters?  Boolean Array to number would have generated an integer case selectorthat could have been cast to a Ring type def [hint: use binary representation in the ring and case to really correlate the two] And, those Ring string propertiy>Strings could have populated your menus!  Just a bit easier to scale IMHO AND it is a lot faster to select a case from an int than a string.  (Really, try it! )

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 623
(33,454 Views)

Thank you for replying,

I have the requirements only in German but you are right. It says that the application should be terminated after 10s inactivity or after pressing "Return Card".

Are tip strips really so important? In this case the menu and the message box should be enough since there are no tip strips on a real ATM.

Once I did copy&paste: Withdrawal is implemented in the event “Enter Button” and in the event “right buttons/left buttons” (fast cash) and when I changed the language I realized that it is easy to make mistakes there. Is that a major issue?

Maybe a solution with a Boolean array would be easier but with a cluster you are more flexible with the appearance of the control (including individual tip strips) and the mechanical behaviour “Latch When Released” is not working with an array.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 623
(33,427 Views)

@felde wrote:

Thank you for replying,

I have the requirements only in German but you are right. It says that the application should be terminated after 10s inactivity or after pressing "Return Card".

Are tip strips really so important? In this case the menu and the message box should be enough since there are no tip strips on a real ATM.

Once I did copy&paste: Withdrawal is implemented in the event “Enter Button” and in the event “right buttons/left buttons” (fast cash) and when I changed the language I realized that it is easy to make mistakes there. Is that a major issue?

Maybe a solution with a Boolean array would be easier but with a cluster you are more flexible with the appearance of the control (including individual tip strips) and the mechanical behaviour “Latch When Released” is not working with an array.

Tip Strips really are that important!  Lack of them will be a deduction on the exam.  So will failing to organize the solution as a project (I understand the new CLD format actually provides a starting point project file so as long as you know how to use LabVIEWs project explorer you won't have to wonder about how to save)

I can accept your rationale for using clusters vs arrays.  I just asked because I saw the cluster to array primitaves and it tweeked my "is this a Rube-Goldberg construct?" button.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 623
(33,419 Views)