From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The GOOP Class Repository

Does anyone know where I ca find detailed help for the GOOP Class Repository VI (The GOOP Wizard automatically creates this vi)?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,640 Views)
Hi,

The object repository in a GOOP class is responsible for creation and destruction of objects, storing and locking the attributes of the class.

However, this object repository VI for each class will call a common GOOP object repository VI that is a common code for all classes which actually stores the attributes.

The object repository for each class will only stream the attributes to a binary format and call the common GOOP object repository VI. This streaming is unique for each class and that is why there has to be an object repository for each class that has the class unique attribute data control on its frontpanel.

The object repository is locked, not because it is "secret" (it basically contains the VIs "Flatten to string", "Unflatte
n from string" and a call to the common GOOP Object Repository.vi),but because there really is no need to edit anything in the VI.

Best regards,
Mattias Ericsson
Endevo, Sweden
Message 2 of 5
(3,640 Views)
Thanks for your answer Mattias, but I'm not looking to change the code in the object repository, But to understand what each input/output terminal does and what values the inputs can recive (For example: the input flags), so I can build more advanced VI's than the basic templates that the GOOP wizard creates for me. The GOOP Wizard creates a context help for the object methods (New, Delete etc.) but not for the Object Repository.

Best regards
Nimrod Rooz
T-Squared Thermal Technologies LTD.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,640 Views)
Hi again,

Actually there isn't much else to do with the object repository other than what is happening in the private methods "Get Data To Modify", "Set Modified Data", "Get Data","New" and "Delete" and also in the "Inspector" that is created with the class. These VIs are open and you can view and edit the code in these. All possible values of flags etc. can be found there. There is no "hidden" more advanced functionality in the object repository and I really can't see what kind of more "advanced" VI's that is possible to build (or why you need them) other than small variations of the private VIs mentioned above.

If you want to create more advanced templates, you may modify the .vit files in class from which new methods are created.
Endevo has also recently launched the new GOOP Wizard 2 and with this new class-editing-tool (uses the same GOOP class template though) is it possible to add user-defined templates (additional .vit methods in the class) which will be presented as an option when creating new methods.

Best regards,
Mattias Ericsson
Endevo Sweden
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,640 Views)

Hi,

i am using Goop 2.0 evaluation version to create class, but i didn't see any thing like class repository.

does any one know how to create class repository ?

thanks

Ram

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,216 Views)