cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run a DAQ window and another sub window simultaneously

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a main window for data acquisition and in front panel there are four Sub Vi's . when the main DAQ window is running, and at the same time if i run the subvi- the main window stops the data acquisition and sub-window starts to run. But i want to run both the main DAQ window and subwindow simultaneously. please give me some solution for this....

Thanking in advance,

Nikhil

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,403 Views)
You need to separate the DAQ and subVIs in different loops and everything should be fine. Post an example of what you are trying to do and we can help you improve on it.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,395 Views)

Hi Adnan,

Here am attaching two sample vi's. main vi is Temp.vi(DAQ) and TempSubVi.vi . In Temp.vi is for data acquisition and you can acquire voltage using 'Acquire' button in the front panel. when i click on the 'ok' button it generate TempSubVi.vi and displying random numbers in a chart. But that time 1st window become inactive.

My aim is i want to run both windows simultaneously. i think some multithreading can solve this problem. can u suggest some idea for this..

Nikhil

Message Edited by niks on 01-28-2009 02:35 AM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,374 Views)

Hi Adnan,

I am sending one more sample for you. because using this you can run the program and analyze problem

Message Edited by niks on 01-28-2009 02:38 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,372 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author M1014757

Hi Nikhil,

My explanation answered your question. Have a look at the attached image. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,356 Views)

Hi Adnan,

yes..  I got it, thanks for your valuable information.

Nikhil

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,349 Views)