I need to try and put together an install disk that includes the LV.exe and the deployed TS software (LV.exe calls the TS sequence. Sequence includes other LV modules). I built the LV.exe and installer, and deployed and created an installer for the sequence. Do I use the LV installer or the TS installer or both to install the whole thing?
It mostly worked. On the target computer after installation: The LV.exe launches, finds the TS.seq file. The seq file starts to run then it can't find any of the three vi's it calls. The vi's were in the workspace when I ran the deployment utility. The .llb that the vi's are in, in the source computer, shows up in name in one of the installed folders.
The 3 vi's have that RED X next to them, in the workspace.
This whole thing does work on the source computer.
Yes, the three vi's are in the image folder. The LV.exe has a long list of vi's although they are part of the LV-build. It is not that they don't run, the TS.SEQ asks where they are just like a LV app that runs and can't find the vi's it needs. Those are the only vi's used in this build. I picked a target computer with no hint of LV or TS on it before the install.
I re-did this whole thing and it turns out that the LV.llb file shows up in the target computer as an "unknown file type" even though its name is LV.llb. I did get it in the correct directory (I finally had to put everything in with an absolute path) so now when the TS.seq file calls the .vi in the target computer I get the following error
ERROR 18002 .vi not executable ocured at error loading step 'Action' of seq ........ Labview: The vi is not executable.
In other words it tried to execute the first vi that the seq called and it found it this time but could not execute it. Keep in mind that the main LV.exe ran just fine and called the previously mentioned sequence which in turn tried to call the vi's in the action step that failed. The three vi's in the LV.llb are the only ones in .llb and on the whole target computer. Also note that when I tried to copy the LV.llb directly from the source computer to the target computer it would only show as a "unknown file type"
The vi's are only in the LV.llb file. When I ran the deployment utility and loaded code modules I assumed that I don't have to include the LV.llb anywhere since the deployment utility found and processed the vi's from the LV.llb file.
I can send you the whole thing. It is a very simple example but it is still a 80M file. Please provide a private e-mail address to send it to. We can publish the final outcome in this forum for any one else to see when it is resolved.