LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Stand app builder

Hi gtb1234,

I figured out what the issue was with the workspace. When you are in the right-side pane, you need to select a file (right-click if you want) and the select Insert Code Modules.  If you just click anywhere in the pane, you will get that "No code modules inserted" message. Perhaps that menu selection should be greyed out when a file isn't selected disallowing you to select it. 

I would suggest making a product suggestion on this feature to let R&D know your thoughts.

Best Regards,
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 27
(1,095 Views)

I need to try and put together an install disk that includes the LV.exe and the deployed TS software (LV.exe calls the TS sequence. Sequence includes other LV modules). I built the LV.exe and installer, and deployed and created an installer for the sequence. Do I use the LV installer  or the TS installer or both to install the whole thing?

LV7.1, TS3.1

Thanks.

gtb

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 27
(1,077 Views)
Hi gtb1234,

I am going to assume that your LV.exe is your operator interface that will be running your TestStand sequences on the target machine.  If so, you simply need to add this executable to your TestStand workspace and then run through the deployment utility. During the dialog boxes of the this deployment utility, you can specify which drivers and run-time engines you wish to include. In this case, you want to make sure to include the LabVIEW Run-time engine in this installer.  Then after you specify all the settings you want, the utility will create an image and installer folder.  Take these folders to your target computer and then run the setup.exe file in the installer directory.  When you run the installer on the target machine, the run-time engines and drivers will be installed as well as your TestStand applications.

You can then simply open your LV.exe and run your TestStand sequences. 

Check out the
Deploying TestStand Systems KnowledgeBase and Chapter 14 of the TestStand Reference Manual.

Best Regards,
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 27
(1,072 Views)

It mostly worked. On the target computer after installation: The LV.exe launches, finds the TS.seq file. The seq file starts to run then it can't find any of the three vi's it calls. The vi's were in the workspace when I ran the deployment utility. The .llb that the vi's are in, in the source computer, shows up in name in one of the installed folders.

The 3 vi's have that RED X next to them, in the workspace.

This whole thing does work on the source computer.

gtb

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 27
(1,052 Views)
Hi gtb1234,

So are the VIs in the created "Image" folder? We would need to check in this folder before you took it to your target machine. I think you are sorta mentioning this in your statement "The .llb that the vi's are in, .....". However, I wanted to be clear as to if you see the 3 VIs in that "Image" folder. Do you happen to have other VIs that are working fine that are in .llbs (working fine on the target computer)?

Best Regards,
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 27
(1,039 Views)

Yes, the three vi's are in the image folder. The LV.exe has a long list of vi's although they are part of the LV-build. It is not that they don't run, the TS.SEQ asks where they are just like a LV app that runs and can't find the vi's it needs. Those are the only vi's used in this build. I picked a target computer with no hint of LV or TS on it before the install.

gtb

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 27
(1,025 Views)
gtb,

Are these VI's sub-vis to your code modules or code modules themselves? Also, are these VIs in the same relative path to the sequence as on the development machine?

Brandon Vasquez | Software Engineer | Integration Services | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 27
(1,014 Views)

I re-did this whole thing and it turns out that the LV.llb file shows up in the target computer as an "unknown file type" even though its name is LV.llb. I did get it in the correct directory (I finally had to put everything in with an absolute path) so now when the TS.seq file calls the .vi in the target computer I get the following error

ERROR 18002  .vi not executable ocured at error loading step 'Action' of seq ........ Labview: The vi is not executable.

In other words it tried to execute the first vi that the seq called and it found it this time but could not execute it. Keep in mind that the main LV.exe ran just fine and called the previously mentioned sequence which in turn tried to call the vi's in the action step that failed. The three vi's in the LV.llb are the only ones in .llb and on the whole target computer. Also note that when I tried to copy the LV.llb directly from the source computer to the target computer it would only show as a "unknown file type"

The vi's are only in the LV.llb file. When I ran the deployment utility and loaded code modules I assumed that I don't have to include the LV.llb anywhere since the deployment utility found and processed the vi's from the LV.llb file.

I can send you the whole thing. It is a very simple example but it is still a 80M file. Please provide a private e-mail address to send it to. We can publish the final outcome in this forum for any one else to see when it is resolved.

gtb

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 27
(1,012 Views)
80 MB seems kind of high for a simple example. Try to deploy a single sequence with a single code module inside of it to the deployment machine and make sure this works. Then put that one VI inside an llb and see if this works. Lets try to get this working as simple as possible so that we can see if there is something simple going on, or if there is a more complex situation in your particular deployment.

Brandon Vasquez | Software Engineer | Integration Services | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 27
(996 Views)
Remember the example includes the TS engine, the LV engine, my LV build and the three vi's called in the TS.seq. I will continue to work it.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 27
(991 Views)