LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDS5034

Alright I seem to be able to get data from the scope but I get a "Drawing Failed" error when I try to open the created file to view it.  I am writing the data to the GPIB port instead of a file. Any ideas what could be wrong. Again i am using the 3034B scope

Message 31 of 48
(1,677 Views)
Hello,

The saga continues....I am having less random erros , but they are still there. try putting a short delay between a VISA write and a VISA read in the vi's that communicate with the scope might do it. . In a short terminal emulator vi this worked for me with my scope.

Regards,

Kaspar
Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 48
(1,669 Views)
Hello,

I have tweaked the screen capture code some more and I have been able to succesfully over 50 consecutive scope images without an error. The code is presently kludgy, but it works. I will clean it up and will post it on this forum. I am going on vacation tommorrow and will be gone for a 10 day vacation in Cape Cod to catch the rays, walk along the beach with my family, fly kites, and eat some fresh seafood. So I want to get this code in the forum so that hopefully the "fabb user" could try the code and let me know how it works for them.  I will be here the rest of today, so the sooner you grab the code and try it out you might be able to catch me before I leave on vacation. Please be aware that when I do get back, I will have to play catchup for a while before I can revisit the code.

Here is the code, saved as a Labview 8.0

Regards,

Kaspar
Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 48
(1,647 Views)
Hello,

I am back from vacation.........has anyone tired the code to see how it works for them?

Regards,

Kaspar
Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 48
(1,594 Views)

Hello,

I have been doing some testing with some updated code and things are working better, meaning that I am not getting the random com errors and things are working faster and also working correctly. The biggest thing I have changed is to increased the VISA timeout to 20000.  When I have done some more testing and I have cleaned up the code I will post it on this forum

Regards,

Kaspar

Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 48
(1,577 Views)

Hello,

Attached to this E-mail is a updated version of the TDS5034B screen capture. I have added the ability to select how the screen shot comes out of the scope, GPIB or Ethernet. I will be updating this again with a option to select the image format.

Regards,

Kaspar

Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 48
(1,531 Views)

Hello,

I have a TDS3054B scope and cannot get the code to work properly. I am constantly getting the error code: -1073807339

I have tried to change the wait times, command calls, but no luck. Has anyone else been able to get this to work with the TDS3054B? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 48
(1,377 Views)

Hi ONMaverick,

Please look at this knowledgebase article for more information in your error. This is a timeout error and can generally be fixedby setting a fixed timeout value. Hope this helps.

Ipshita C.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 48
(1,360 Views)

My mistake--I did not link the article in the last post. Here it is.

Ipshita C.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 39 of 48
(1,358 Views)
I hate to disagree but I believe that the majority of times a timeout occurs during a VISA Read and the cause is usually a failure to send the correct command to the instrument, a mismatch in the com settings, or using the incorrect type of serial cable.
Message 40 of 48
(1,333 Views)