From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Fonts not Available in Icon Editor

Hi all, I just installed LabVIEW on a new laptop, and I cannot use Small Fonts in the icon editor. I've tried to install the font file, and I can see it in "C:\windows\fonts". However, in LabVIEW when I type text into the icon editor, it's still using several colors to try to make a black font. If I select a different font, I cannot get back to Small Fonts because it's not in the dropdown menu. (I have to edit the ini file). Any suggestions?

Using: LabVIEW 2016 (32-bit), Windows 10 (64-bit)

No Small Fonts.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,154 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,149 Views)
Hi Wiebe, thank you for the suggestion. I added "FontCodePageList" to the ini file and modified the region settings, but no change. Also, even when I make the font larger (bigger than 11) it's still not monochrome black.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,125 Views)

Edit: I totally misunderstood the question.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,105 Views)

I reinstalled the Small Fonts file from another PC at work. Previously I got the file from a forums post. I also ran the NI updates. 

Now I can use Small Fonts in the icon editor! But, if I switch to another font I cannot get back to it. I have to go into the .ini file and set:

IconEditor.TextTab.TextFont="Small Fonts"

Still kind of annoying, but at least it's workable now.

Message 5 of 9
(2,046 Views)

Same problem now with LV2020. Few versions ago I have copied Small Fonts from older PC and it works. It seems I have to do this once more as only I will find an old PC with LV.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,723 Views)

Hej, did you solved this problem? For me seems like nothing happens.

I tried to reinstall Small Fonts, edit config, chang region, but I sill can't use Small Fonts in Icon Editor. 

LV2020

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(821 Views)

Just don't use text in your icons.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(797 Views)

I solved it finaly. I download Fonts Pack for Win10 from this link, https://www.w7df.com, and tried several Small Fonts from the pack.

Hope one of this Fonts will help. 

Message 9 of 9
(512 Views)