LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Fonts not Available in Icon Editor

Hi all, I just installed LabVIEW on a new laptop, and I cannot use Small Fonts in the icon editor. I've tried to install the font file, and I can see it in "C:\windows\fonts". However, in LabVIEW when I type text into the icon editor, it's still using several colors to try to make a black font. If I select a different font, I cannot get back to Small Fonts because it's not in the dropdown menu. (I have to edit the ini file). Any suggestions?

Using: LabVIEW 2016 (32-bit), Windows 10 (64-bit)

No Small Fonts.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,086 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,081 Views)
Hi Wiebe, thank you for the suggestion. I added "FontCodePageList" to the ini file and modified the region settings, but no change. Also, even when I make the font larger (bigger than 11) it's still not monochrome black.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,057 Views)

Edit: I totally misunderstood the question.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,037 Views)

I reinstalled the Small Fonts file from another PC at work. Previously I got the file from a forums post. I also ran the NI updates. 

Now I can use Small Fonts in the icon editor! But, if I switch to another font I cannot get back to it. I have to go into the .ini file and set:

IconEditor.TextTab.TextFont="Small Fonts"

Still kind of annoying, but at least it's workable now.

Message 5 of 9
(1,978 Views)

Same problem now with LV2020. Few versions ago I have copied Small Fonts from older PC and it works. It seems I have to do this once more as only I will find an old PC with LV.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,655 Views)

Hej, did you solved this problem? For me seems like nothing happens.

I tried to reinstall Small Fonts, edit config, chang region, but I sill can't use Small Fonts in Icon Editor. 

LV2020

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(753 Views)

Just don't use text in your icons.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(729 Views)

I solved it finaly. I download Fonts Pack for Win10 from this link, https://www.w7df.com, and tried several Small Fonts from the pack.

Hope one of this Fonts will help. 

Message 9 of 9
(444 Views)