From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simplest method in finding a Numeric Palindrome

Solved!
Go to solution

Understood.

Just pointing out that "what was written" != "what was meant"

Being my usual pedantic annoying self. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 44
(926 Views)

@Intaris wrote:

Understood.

If anyone is new to the forum please be aware that I participate here under a contract where;

I will do my best to write what I mean and YOU are expected to do your best to read what I meant and not what wrote. Smiley Wink

I could of course redirect the focus from my typo and use it to show that any solution that is subject to a mistake by a user, is not trustworthy.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 44
(901 Views)

@Ben wrote:

@Intaris wrote:

Understood.

If anyone is new to the forum please be aware that I participate here under a contract where;

I will do my best to write what I mean and YOU are expected to do your best to read what I meant and not what wrote. Smiley Wink

I could of course redirect the focus from my typo and use it to show that any solution that is subject to a mistake by a user, is not trustworthy.

Ben

And as someone who has been listening to Ben for many years I can state with uncharacteristically large certainty that understanding what Ben MEANS is very much a worthwhile endeavour.

On the other hand, a lot of my nit-picking can be freely ignored.  I reckon approximately 30% of all of my posts fall into this category and can be ignored with no loss of real information.  I need to vent somewhere.  I read a newspaper report today that people are most content when they can freely express their emotions.  It matters not whether the emotions themselves are positive or negative, just being able to express inproves people's satisfaction.  So in a nutshell, thank you dear Forum readers for giving me the platform to indulge in a rather greedy venting on my part.  It's all for a good cause... Smiley Very Happy

Spoiler
Yes, I'm the type of person who might straighten up a picture hanging on the wall of someone I am visiting.  Kind of OCD, totally annoying.  How I've survived so long is a mystery to me.

Now if anyone wants to hazard a guess as to which percentage of the remaining 70% of my posts can be disregarded, feel free. Smiley Embarassed

Message 43 of 44
(896 Views)

@Ben wrote:

Ben

OK Now I have to make two points to vent (Sorry if i'm encroaching on your territory Shane)

Firstly, Ben really is like that.  Once you read a good percentage of his posts (that can take a while but is worth the effort) it gets easier to understand what he meant to write. e.g.   CAUTION: when you start typing in "Beneese" yourself , you have gone too far.

Second.  RE:tThat solution Ben is referring to.  Hey, simple code defined by number of functions was the only requirement!  There was no specified accuracy, repeatability, or throughput.  Don't go introducing "scope creep" just because you can't beat that code.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 44 of 44
(882 Views)