LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate Array Elements

Hello, i have this VI. The code is fine, what i want to do now is to customize the interface, and i wanted to put elements of the 2 arrays in pairs of 2, is there a way to separate them?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(840 Views)

Hi dom,

@domcorrado wrote:

is there a way to separate them?

Yes.

@domcorrado wrote:

i have this VI. The code is fine, what i want to do now is to customize the interface

Maybe it would help to attach your VI…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(832 Views)

here it is, tought i attached it but apparently i was wrong

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(817 Views)

LabVIEW has a way of bundling together things, similar to structs. You want to bundle elements of "DUT SWITCH ON" and "DUT in position? "together, right? Take the DUT SWITCH ON control outside the event structure (or you can make a local variable), and wire both mentioned controls in a for loop (with indexing inputs) where you bundle their elements together. With indexing output of for loop, you make an array out of it and the indicator you create can be styled.

I would advise against using event structure inside the state machine like this, it would probably work OK in your case though.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(784 Views)

One is a control and one is an indicator, so combine a set in a cluster and disable the LED (so it cannot be operated!)

Here's a quick simulation that should give you some ideas. You can remove all the timers of course, they are just for the simulation:

altenbach_0-1674851440608.png

Also note that it is better to use label and legend instead of all these loose strings everywhere. Herding cats!

(And yes, I agree that your architecture is a bit convoluted!)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(747 Views)