From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send email on labview using the Gmail Server (TLS)

Hello,

You can try update to LabVIEW 2009 SP1; because there are a lot of know issues that have been fixed for .NET. Also I notice that you mentioned .NET 4.0; LabVIEW 2009 works with .NET 3.5.

Regards,

Jig P

Best Regards,
Jignesh Patel
Principal RF Software Engineer
Message 81 of 114
(5,816 Views)

When I run the gmail 85 program this is the error that I get. Any ideas?

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  A .NET exception occurred in an external assembly. For information about correcting this error, copy the following exception (in bold), and search the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Web site or the Web for a possible explanation.
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException in Send Message.vi->Example.vi

Error 1172 occurred at Error calling method System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send, (System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
 Inner Exception: System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Failure sending mail.
 Inner Exception: System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server
 Inner Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 74.125.157.109:587)

0 Kudos
Message 82 of 114
(5,786 Views)

Hey Alex,

It appears that the connection you are trying to make doesn't exist.  To troubleshoot this error, take a look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hwfshz0y.aspx

As for the LabVIEW error, you may try to close down LabVIEW then right click on the LabVIEW icon on your desktop and choose Run as Administrator, as it could be a permissions issue.

Regards,

Jake

Regards,
Jake G.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 83 of 114
(5,766 Views)

Hello,

first and for all: this program rocks 🙂

But I'm trying to add multiple CC's so I used this program but it looks like he sends the e-mail double :-S

Anyone who sees the fault in the program?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 84 of 114
(5,713 Views)

Because you have the send command in your For Loop.

What you need to do is only have the Add Addresses command in a For Loop.

0 Kudos
Message 85 of 114
(5,705 Views)

The errors I was getting were due to IT blocking my ability to communicate with the GMAIL servers. The program works flawlessly on external networks.

Thanks

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 86 of 114
(5,699 Views)

Gregoiree,

Just wondering if you were ever able to resolve this wire class conflict between the NetworkCredentials and SMTPClientCredentials, and if so, what the fix was.  I am having the same issue with LV7.1.1f2 with .NET 2.0.  There is a coercion dot in the posted image of the code.  I would like one of those.

Thanks,

Greg

v7.1
0 Kudos
Message 87 of 114
(5,693 Views)

I am having a similar problem to what alex posted.  When I try to run the 8.5 program i get the message

Error 1172 occurred at Error calling method System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send of ObjectId handle: 0xD001154 for obj 0x3DBC9A8[System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient] in domain [LabVIEW Domain for Run] and thread 1920, (System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    Inner Exception: System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Failure sending mail.
    Inner Exception: System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server
    Inner Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 74.125.93.109:587
) in Send Message.vi->Example.vi

The difference I see is that this message indicates that the "target machine actively refused" which seems to me to indicate that I am getting to the server, but being rejected.  I have double checked that the account info is correct, so that is not the problem.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 88 of 114
(5,659 Views)

Hi,

I am having an error 1 when im trying to build an exe with gmail.vi.

I think it happens when i put gmail.vi as a subvi.

my code works fine when i run it and does the build without gmail.vi.

I dont know a lot in labview and i didnt get any education about it. all i do is ctrl+H so please help

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 89 of 114
(5,379 Views)

newb654,

Are you getting the error when you're trying to build the VI?

When you say it runs fine when you have gmail.vi as a subvi, that's without building and just running in LabVIEW correct?

Is there anymore information associated with your error such as an explanation or something to that extent?

Perhaps a screen shot of your block diagram would be useful, what are you trying to do?

Regards,

Michael

NI Americas | AE

0 Kudos
Message 90 of 114
(5,351 Views)