From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screenshot

I need to save a screenshot containing a grapgh and other data indiactors (as shown in the attached figure). Please advise the ioptions available in version 2012 or lower. Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,827 Views)

Are you looking for a screenshot of a LabVIEW front panel?

This looks more like the screenshot of an instrument.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,813 Views)

BlackAndWhitePicture.png

An Image Depth of 1 will return a black and white picture.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,792 Views)

Hi,

Yes it's the part of the front pannel. Graph and all the data are captured from a spectrum anlyzer separately. I can save the graph only, but need to include those data too in the image.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,776 Views)

How do I choose a part of the front pannel (Do'nt need to include some control buttons of the front pannel)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,769 Views)

You could put the controls that you want into a tab control. I've attached an example of this.

An alternative method is to resize the VI such that only the data you want is visible . The constant of Visible Area Only would then need to be set to True. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,757 Views)

Also look at the Code Capture Tool.  It is often used on the forums for capturing and posting screenshots (with embedded code).  But it provides a palette that allows you to programmatically take screen captures.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,746 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

Also look at the Code Capture Tool.  It is often used on the forums for capturing and posting screenshots (with embedded code).  But it provides a palette that allows you to programmatically take screen captures.

You forgot the link you usually provide.  Unfortunately, I forgot what it was, also.  And there are two community nuggets, one for v1 and one for v2.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,713 Views)

You're right.  I just didn't have the time to go dig up the link.  Over the years, how to get to it has changed as new versions came out.  I googled it and found it here.

http://lavag.org/files/file/63-code-capture-tool/

But I think if you download and install VIPM, it will also show up in the list of add-ons you can install.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,689 Views)

Thanks NLutz,

That's almost done. Only one problem remaining. In B&W image, Tab FG is black and no labels are visible [I need it in B&W]. Could you please advise how to solve this.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,657 Views)