LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale object with panel programmatically?

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a way to enable the "Scale object with panel" property of a front-panel object programmatically?  It doesn't appear to be possible, but I wanted to check before giving up and making a hack finding a different solution.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,959 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ronbrown

I think that the pane "set scaling" method will work for you.

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
Message 2 of 9
(6,948 Views)
In what version of LabVIEW is that available?  We're using 8.5 and I don't see that option on the Pane's property node.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,931 Views)

ronbrown wrote:
In what version of LabVIEW is that available?  We're using 8.5 and I don't see that option on the Pane's property node.

vt92 wrote " think that the pane "set scaling" method will work for you"

I can't count how many times I failed to find a method when using a property node. Smiley Wink

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 9
(6,922 Views)

Ah.  That explains why I was so confused. I looked at the above image and INVOKE NODE looks exactly like PROPERTY NODE.  While I appreciate the (somewhat sarcastic) answer, I think it was an easy mistake to make for someone who hadn't used invoke node before.

Thank you for the assistance.

For future reference to anyone who searches for this topic:

* On the block diagram, go to Application Control Palette, and place an "invoke node"

* Right click Invoke Node, and  Link To -> Pane -> Pane

* Select "Set Scaling Mode" and wire up as seen in the above image.

Message 5 of 9
(6,920 Views)

Hi Ron,

I am sorry if my reply sounded sarcastic. Smiley Sad It was not intended to be so. Please accept my appology. I have many times looked for a method in a list of properties because most of the operations associated with LV objects are properties and the list of methods is relativle small. It is only after I don't find it there that I remember that is was a method and not a property I was after. Hopefully you will not have that problem. I would be fooling myself if I entertained that idea. Smiley Happy

Thank you,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 6 of 9
(6,915 Views)
Not a problem.  Thanks for the reply.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,911 Views)

What can be the reason why my method looks differently?

Capture.JPG

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,700 Views)

@bienieck wrote:

What can be the reason why my method looks differently?

there's an implicit and an explicit version of many property or invoke (method) nodes:

https://labviewwiki.org/wiki/Control_References#Implicit_vs._Explicit_Linked

Further more, there are some property nodes which are only available in the IDE, so you can't use them in an .exe

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361R-01/lvhowto/enabling_vi_scripting/

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/de/nid/209110

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,652 Views)