From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving screen image of keysight mso 3054t

Hi, I am trying to capture screen shot of a keysight MSO 3054t and save the image as a file stored in controller. I was able to do this in matlab using SCPI command DISP:DATA? followed by binblockread() and then perform fwrite() to save image in required format in controller. How to do it in Labview. I am using agx2k3k instrument driver. I am not able to find suitable VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,203 Views)

@pk1990 wrote:

Hi, I am trying to capture screen shot of a keysight MSO 3054t and save the image as a file stored in controller. I was able to do this in matlab using SCPI command DISP:DATA? followed by binblockread() and then perform fwrite() to save image in required format in controller. How to do it in Labview. I am using agx2k3k instrument driver. I am not able to find suitable VIs.

The process in LabVIEW is exactly the same as how you did it in Matlab
SCPI Command -> binblockread -> save image

I wrote a driver to do this a long time ago. It was written for an older Agilent DSO, but I assume it will also work with your Keysight MSO. I pulled out the parts of my driver that will at least get you going in the right direction.

DSO Screen Shot Capture.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,927 Views)

Thank you for the reply. I have one more request. You are using visa session with the instrument. But I am trying to use agx2k3k (IVI session) to perform other measurements in CRO and then finally take a screenshot of the CRO. Is there any way I can do it using the IVI driver. I cannot connect IVI resource to VISA VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,828 Views)