From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output continuous data (temperature, voltage etc) from Compactrio to CSV file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi I am new to this and I want to output various machining parameters to readable data (excel). I tried to follow one of the sample but do not understand why it cannot work with the data generated for my case. The csv file was auto-created with values for the sample vi but mine was not created. Please help.

Jvalour_0-1577428348990.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,956 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jvalour

Hi Jvalour,

@Jvalour wrote:

I tried to follow one of the sample but do not understand why it cannot work with the data generated for my case. The csv file was auto-created with values for the sample vi but mine was not created.

Your cRIO is surely able to create CSV files - but you need to provide a file path available/accessable to your cRIO!

It surely CANNOT write a file to your PC harddrive as it is a computer of its own…

Did you even tried to debug your VI? Did you get any errors? Which errors did you get?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,828 Views)

If you want files to be generated on your PC, then you need to have the cRIO send the data to the PC.  This requires a host VI to be created that can receive the cRIO data and log it.  I recommend using the TCP/IP functions for this communication.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,814 Views)

Hi GerdW

Yes your reply reminded me that the data may be stored in cRIO and when I checked, all the data has all along been there since my first test. I used MAX to find these files which later I added the cRIO network to my windows explorer to better manage the data files. Thank you for your prompt reply and great insight!

Cheers

Jvalour

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,347 Views)

Hi crossrulz

Thank you for your input! Your suggestion should work too but I managed to access the cRIO files through another way. I used the NI Max to access them. 

Cheers

Jvalour

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,343 Views)