From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving graph/chart indicator and string control value in a file or image file (e.g png)

Hi,

Send your VI. Can please explain step by step what exactly you want to do.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(203 Views)

@quadratini26 wrote:

Sorry that my question is too general. 

I am trying to save the plotted data in graph/chart indicator (I know this one is using get image invoke node) along with the string/text entered into String Control both in 1 file or 1 image of any kind of extension (png or txt) 

Saving plotted data and a string to a txt file is a totally different solution then saving it as an image file!

What is the goal of this file? Do you want the program to read back the data? An image file would be terrible for that. Do you want (customers) to include the image in a report? Then a txt file would be terrible. Is the data to be analyzed (in e.g. excel)? a txt file would be great. In Diadem? Use TDMS.

Like mentioned before, a lot can be done. Most of it isn't even difficult. But you need to explain exactly what you want, and preferably why (, and what you tried and why that didn't work).

And please press the quote button when you reply, or put a name (@quadratini:) before your reply. It's really hard to link a comment to any of the previous posts.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(190 Views)