From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving graph/chart indicator and string control value in a file or image file (e.g png)

Greetings, 

I am wondering if there is a way to save graph/chart indicator and the string control value by the user into a file or image file format such as png?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,994 Views)

I love vague questions, unimpeded by any VIs (meaning a file with the extension .vi) to explain what the Poster is talking about.  I understand Graph/Chart Indicator (but which?  and what kind?), but what is meant by "the string control value"?  What, exactly, is supposed to be saved?  Who knows?  The Poster Knows ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(2,975 Views)

Google is your friend. Have you read this?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(2,972 Views)

So the answer is: yes, you can.

The question remains a bit of a mystery. You can pretty much save anything, including the image and the value, of any control to any file you want. Storing a value in a .png doesn't make much sense, but you could if you'd want to. There would be about 50 ways to do that... You can also save two (or more) control images in one image file.

Without knowing what you want, a detailed solution we cannot give you...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(2,955 Views)

Hi,

Save FP as .pngSave FP as .png

May be above logic solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,953 Views)

Waveform Graph and Waveform Chart indicator to be specific. 

What I meant by "String Control Value" is the value/data/string or text entered by the user into the String Control in the front panel.

I am trying to say, saving both the plotted data in Graph/Chart and the value/data/string/text in the String Control using event structure when a button is clicked. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,940 Views)

Hi,

Brush up the basics. Read more about "Shift Registers" and "Arrays". This could solve your problem. Have you created any VI just to try out?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,934 Views)

Sorry that my question is too general. 

I am trying to save the plotted data in graph/chart indicator (I know this one is using get image invoke node) along with the string/text entered into String Control both in 1 file or 1 image of any kind of extension (png or txt) 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,933 Views)

This is what I have done so far, but its only saving the graph/chart indicator in a separate png file. I need ways to get it done in 1 png file and the value in a String Control to be saved in that 1 png file too.  

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,927 Views)

Yes, I have read this. but this is saving the entire screen of VI. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,925 Views)