From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boolean Crossing PtByPt vi feeding Value (Signalling) property node

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to detect a numerical threshold. I am using the Boolean Crossing PtByPt vi to detect this because I only want it to trigger an event when the value goes from below to above the threshold value. 

This is a simplified example I created using just a Boolean button and indicator. However, the Event Inspector shows that the Value(signaling) is constantly being fired. This seems like the Boolean Crossing PtByPt vi is not working as expected?

2018_04_12_06_03_35_Settings.png

^TeraTech.

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Check out this lengthy post of mostly complaints)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,931 Views)
Solution
Accepted by wiebe@CARYA

Hi Tech,

the Event Inspector shows that the Value(signaling) is constantly being fired.

Yes, it is.

This seems like the Boolean Crossing PtByPt vi is not working as expected?

Why do you think so?

You are writing to a "Value (signalling)" property node: this will fire an event regardless if the value has changed or not! (Read the LabVIEW help!)

When you want to fire an event only when the output of BooleanCrossing is TRUE you should use a case structure around the property node…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,928 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TeraTech

You're constantly sending the value (signaling)! Of course you trigger the even constantly. You're signaling the same value, but you are constantly signaling nonetheless. Value (signaling) is fired even if the value did not change. 

If you really want to do this, you need to put the value signaling in a case structure. If changed, send it, if not don't send it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,927 Views)

Thanks! I realized it as soon as I walked away from the computer and took my first sip of coffee!  2018_04_12_06_03_35_Settings.png

^TeraTech.

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Check out this lengthy post of mostly complaints)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,919 Views)

Thank you for marking solutions! I marked GerdW's post as solution as well, since he said what I said, and actually a bit earlier (our posts crossed).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,871 Views)