LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotating a 3d object with euler angles

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to creat a graphic represantation of a 3d object whose attitude is given as euler angles (yaw, pitch, roll), and I'm having troubles rotating it correctly. I've been fighting with this thing for a couple of hours but I guess I'm just missing something

I would love any help in getting this thing working. (is there a straight forward way of rotating an object around it's own axes?)

Thanks a lot!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,027 Views)
  • When attaching more than one VI, tell us the name of the toplevel VI.
  • Why do you think you need to run the loop as fas as the computer allows, rotating the y axis with every iteration?
  • In newer versions of LabVIEW, there are all needed tools for euler rotations in the geometry palette (not sure if that was available in LabVIEw 2009).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,015 Views)

Thank you for your comment!
- You're right, I'm sorry- "display orientation" is the main VI (well, I guess you figured it out but for future readers)

- Right again- just forgot to add a wait function.

- I'm actually working with  LV 2013, just saved for older version because I know some of the readers can't view it otherwise. I know how to rotate axes, but I can't get the "rotate object" VI to work as I want. I never seem to get what axes it turns the object around

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,983 Views)
Solution
Accepted by shayelk

Sorry, I don't have access to LabVIEW at the moment, but if I remember right, there was a problem with the rotation in some older versions. Instead of "rotate", use "set rotation", If I remember correctly. I'll have to look at my old code.

Message 4 of 6
(3,972 Views)

Thank you altenbach! That actually did the trick 🙂

my code is attached in case anyone'll stumble across this thread ("display orientation" is the main VI)

Download All
Message 5 of 6
(3,965 Views)

Wow! Thanks! simplified a lot and was a great help actually!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,625 Views)