From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotating a 3d object with euler angles

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to creat a graphic represantation of a 3d object whose attitude is given as euler angles (yaw, pitch, roll), and I'm having troubles rotating it correctly. I've been fighting with this thing for a couple of hours but I guess I'm just missing something

I would love any help in getting this thing working. (is there a straight forward way of rotating an object around it's own axes?)

Thanks a lot!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,017 Views)
  • When attaching more than one VI, tell us the name of the toplevel VI.
  • Why do you think you need to run the loop as fas as the computer allows, rotating the y axis with every iteration?
  • In newer versions of LabVIEW, there are all needed tools for euler rotations in the geometry palette (not sure if that was available in LabVIEw 2009).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,005 Views)

Thank you for your comment!
- You're right, I'm sorry- "display orientation" is the main VI (well, I guess you figured it out but for future readers)

- Right again- just forgot to add a wait function.

- I'm actually working with  LV 2013, just saved for older version because I know some of the readers can't view it otherwise. I know how to rotate axes, but I can't get the "rotate object" VI to work as I want. I never seem to get what axes it turns the object around

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,973 Views)
Solution
Accepted by shayelk

Sorry, I don't have access to LabVIEW at the moment, but if I remember right, there was a problem with the rotation in some older versions. Instead of "rotate", use "set rotation", If I remember correctly. I'll have to look at my old code.

Message 4 of 6
(3,962 Views)

Thank you altenbach! That actually did the trick 🙂

my code is attached in case anyone'll stumble across this thread ("display orientation" is the main VI)

Download All
Message 5 of 6
(3,955 Views)

Wow! Thanks! simplified a lot and was a great help actually!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,615 Views)