LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retiring

I'll be retiring at the end of this week.

So I'll probably visit this place a lot less often.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 1 of 45
(2,236 Views)

Congrats on your newly found free time 😄

Do keep visiting us.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 45
(2,223 Views)

Thanks for many terrific contributions!   You'll be missed, but enjoy the chance to start tilting the time balance toward "want-to" instead of "have-to"...

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 45
(2,210 Views)

Congrats! Enjoy your retirement.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 45
(2,195 Views)

Congrats!  Where do I send my resume 🤔🙃

It sure would be a welcome change to inherit code written by a frequent forum contributor.

Make that written recently... I have more than once found myself working on code that Champions had been involved with about the time dinosaurs were hazardous on daily commutes.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 45
(2,182 Views)

Congratulations and welcome to the club! (I retired two years ago and it did not slow me down here. 😄 ...Well, Still working 40% in a recall function).

Get yourself the free LabVIEW community edition and do recreational programming. Now you can focus on whatever you like. Solving some forum problems during breakfast is a nice way to start the day and keep your mind sharp!

Message 6 of 45
(2,156 Views)

Congratulations.

Enjoy, and you're welcome back whenever you want.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 45
(2,128 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Congrats!  Where do I send my resume 🤔🙃

It sure would be a welcome change to inherit code written by a frequent forum contributor.

Make that written recently... I have more than once found myself working on code that Champions had been involved with about the time dinosaurs were hazardous on daily commutes.

BD Biosciences

2350 Qume Dr.

San Jose, CA, 95131-1807

Attn: Yu Chen

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 45
(2,115 Views)

@paul_cardinale wrote:

I'll be retiring at the end of this week.

So I'll probably visit this place a lot less often.

It's frightening to know that you won't be around so much to guide my thinking any more.  On the other hand, congrats for making it all the way through the meat grinder and emerging more or less intact!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 45
(2,090 Views)

Oh no! Can you please extend for next week if possible? 

But congratulations!!! Wow. You guys are the legends of LabVIEW. haha

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 45
(2,079 Views)