From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset variable value after each execution

@billko  escreveu:

Sorry for not getting back to you.  Are you able to save it as previous?  I only have LV 2016.  😞

Yes, im attaching the lib too.

When run normally, "event index" should always return 89, but if you run it continuously, a crescent value is returned. And that s the behavior I am having on TestStand suite, each step that call this VI returns an incremented value.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(624 Views)

Thank you.  Let me chew on this.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(600 Views)

I know TestStand "pre-loads" your VIs.  I think it might be related to the fact that your Vi stays in memory, like it grabs the equivalent of a new reference each time because of that.  Some things point away from that conclusion, though, like it should work the same way if VI was open but not running.  I believe that "continuous run" is just the equivalent of clicking the run button as fast as possible.

If you're calling something "homegrown", it might be worth thinking about thread execution...

Of course there's always the possibility that the dll isn't quite working correctly.

Sorry, that's all I have.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Message 13 of 16
(579 Views)

@billko  escreveu:

I know TestStand "pre-loads" your VIs.  I think it might be related to the fact that your Vi stays in memory, like it grabs the equivalent of a new reference each time because of that.  Some things point away from that conclusion, though, like it should work the same way if VI was open but not running.  I believe that "continuous run" is just the equivalent of clicking the run button as fast as possible.

If you're calling something "homegrown", it might be worth thinking about thread execution...

Of course there's always the possibility that the dll isn't quite working correctly.

It's alright billko, I really appreciate your effort. I ve found a way to overcome this problem in TestStand, I ll be posting here just for information, even though, I am pretty sure that this can be fixed on LV.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Why-is-my-VI-still-running-after-my-teststand-sequence-has/td-...

if anyone could still help, i d be grateful.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(574 Views)

@enzofurlan wrote:

@billko  escreveu:

It's alright billko, I really appreciate your effort. I ve found a way to overcome this problem in TestStand, I ll be posting here just for information, even though, I am pretty sure that this can be fixed on LV.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Why-is-my-VI-still-running-after-my-teststand-sequence-has/td-...

if anyone could still help, i d be grateful.

Great!  I'm super-curious - and it could lead someone to a solution and not a workaround.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(565 Views)

Still couldn't find an answer inside labview suite, could someone help? Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(533 Views)