LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI LabVIEW Control design and Simulation mudule support for labview 2018 is missing

Hi hello I have this problem and I'm new Labview install version 2018 and then the design module and control simulation and look for the start tutorials on the official page download the sample files and open them I get the following message:
"NI LabVIEW Control design and Simulation mudule support for labview 2018 is missing"
NI-USRP Driver support for labview 2018 is missing
TOO
I read in this forum that it could be a mistake to mix the 64 and 32 bits version THIS IS NOT my case both packages are 64 bits
I HOPE THAT YOU ANSWER SOON PLEASE
At the moment I think I will download and reinstall the modules that says they are lost 😞

ATTACHED IMAGE

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,788 Views)

Hi hello I have this problem and I'm new Labview install version 2018 and then the design module and control simulation and look for the start tutorials on the official page download the sample files and open them I get the following message:
"NI LabVIEW Control design and Simulation mudule support for labview 2018 is missing"
NI-USRP Driver support for labview 2018 is missing
TOO
I read in this forum that it could be a mistake to mix the 64 and 32 bits version THIS IS NOT my case both packages are 64 bits
I HOPE THAT YOU ANSWER SOON PLEASE
At the moment I think I will download and reinstall the modules that says they are lost 😞

ATTACHED IMAGE BELOW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,791 Views)

It's not a problem to "mix" 32-bit and 64-bit.  But why would you install 64-bit?

It looks like CD&S is supported by LV 64-bit.

Did you download and install those modules?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,772 Views)
Hi. Install the 64 version because all the laptops use 64 bit windows. Do you have any improvement or advantage using the 32 version?
I say it because you ask me that strange question

Well I admit it I did not read the advantages of using 32bits And instinctively as for many other 64-bit windows programs I chose as best choice LabVIEW 64-bits

I had already installed the design and simulation module of control systems is activated and running I could also see your tool palette and everything is in order. Install the NI-USRP drive restart as requested. And when you open the same tutorial file, the message persists. Now check the modules and licenses and apparently everything is running as it should. I do not understand maybe only the file is corrupt. In any case THE MESSAGE OF MISSING MODULES WHEN OPENING THE FILE ALREADY INDICATED PERSISTS. This file is part of the tutorials for control systems of the official NI website.
Well it is not something serious for now I have not made any model of mine To appear more problems when I make my own models I will have to uninstall ALL and put the version of 32 with all modules of 32.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,751 Views)

Hi Gonza89!

I can see that you have installed LabVIEW 2018. You have to ensure that all the software installed is for LabVIEW 2018 version. Just a question because of your user name; is spanish your native language? If it is, we can help you using spanish language so you do not struggle.

Wait for your response.

Staff Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,735 Views)

@Gonza89 wrote:
Hi. Install the 64 version because all the laptops use 64 bit windows. Do you have any improvement or advantage using the 32 version?
I say it because you ask me that strange question

Well I admit it I did not read the advantages of using 32bits And instinctively as for many other 64-bit windows programs I chose as best choice LabVIEW 64-bits

People often make this mistake thinking that LabVIEW bitness should match their OS bitness.  The advantage of 64-bit LabVIEW is that it can handle much larger memory items.  The disadvantage is that only a small subset of modules/tool kits/addons are supported in 64-bit LabVIEW.  So the best option is to install 32 bit LabVIEW and work with that unless there is some special high memory need that 32-bit has issues with.  Then work in 64-bit LabVIEW.  They can be installed side by side.

Despite 64-bit Windows being out for many years now, the vast majority of programs out there are still 32-bit running in the 32-bit system that is still built into 64-bit Windows.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,728 Views)