From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read values on text file

Hello I would like to read the values from the treatment of a first VI in a second. The data was saved from the text file I can not do it, I try the process in vi I send it to you.
Here is the capture of the text file and the data I want to read.
Thank youCaptureM.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,090 Views)
  1. Read the entire text file into an array using "Read Delimited Spreadsheet.vi" 
  2. Using the Array functions index the data you need out of the array
  3. Using the String to number function convert the string numbers to numeric data types
========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 2 of 7
(3,067 Views)

I would like to save the values in a TDMS file in a first vi and read the values back into a second, but the Vi me always generates errors. Can I have an example that I could use to realize my function ..?
Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,044 Views)

Hi Ernest,

but the Vi me always generates errors.

Just attach your VI(s) so we can tell you why that error occurs!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,042 Views)

Hello thanks for your help, the vi does not generate an error but does not read the value at the line and and the chosen column. I inserted the two codes on a same vi of tests to observe the operation.
But I do not get anything results.
I need help or need a code that can perform my task.
Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,028 Views)

@Ernest97 wrote:

Hello thanks for your help, the vi does not generate an error but does not read the value at the line and and the chosen column. I inserted the two codes on a same vi of tests to observe the operation.
But I do not get anything results.
I need help or need a code that can perform my task.
Thank you

Perhaps the file is empty the first time?

Also, why update the values on events that seem totally unrelated?

The code doesn't reflect the problem you described. Either the code is way to complex, or you didn't tell us properly what you want to do.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,019 Views)

In fact I could have some code vi but I can not read. Do you have a vi that can solve my problem?
A vi that reads the values saved in a text file according to the desired rows and columns.
Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,009 Views)