LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quit LabVIEW function doesn't work when called from Actor Framework

This is related to a known bug. Details can be found in a discussion we had with LV R&D here: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-28012

I need a functional workaround to this bug because my application's top-level panel is an Actor Core.vi override. Can the AEs please help, as suggested by Aristos_Queue (LV R&D member) in the link above?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,252 Views)

Hi David,

Were you able to try the workaround AristosQueue gave you? Below is the workaround he suggested.

Not sure, but I think that it will work just fine if you start a VI running using the Run VI method and have it invoke the Quit LabVIEW node. Not the Call By Reference node, but just wire a Static VI Reference to the Run VI method with FALSE wired to the terminal for whether to wait for it to finish. That subVI will then be running as a top-level VI on its own... and the only thing on its diagram would be the Quit LabVIEW node. I think that will work. Haven't tried it, but based on the description in the CAR, I think it will work.

Carl W.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,212 Views)

Yes. My attempt is the attachment on the document I linked. Please run it to investigate the workaround.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,207 Views)

Carl, any word?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,178 Views)

I am working on a solution. I will follow up when I have more information.

Carl W.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,166 Views)