From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quit LabVIEW function doesn't work when called from Actor Framework

This is related to a known bug. Details can be found in a discussion we had with LV R&D here: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-28012

I need a functional workaround to this bug because my application's top-level panel is an Actor Core.vi override. Can the AEs please help, as suggested by Aristos_Queue (LV R&D member) in the link above?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,271 Views)

Hi David,

Were you able to try the workaround AristosQueue gave you? Below is the workaround he suggested.

Not sure, but I think that it will work just fine if you start a VI running using the Run VI method and have it invoke the Quit LabVIEW node. Not the Call By Reference node, but just wire a Static VI Reference to the Run VI method with FALSE wired to the terminal for whether to wait for it to finish. That subVI will then be running as a top-level VI on its own... and the only thing on its diagram would be the Quit LabVIEW node. I think that will work. Haven't tried it, but based on the description in the CAR, I think it will work.

Carl W.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,231 Views)

Yes. My attempt is the attachment on the document I linked. Please run it to investigate the workaround.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,226 Views)

Carl, any word?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,197 Views)

I am working on a solution. I will follow up when I have more information.

Carl W.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,185 Views)