LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue in Event Structure

You are dequeing all of the items. You r bug is that you are using the default value for your dequeue count in the timeout case. So you reset your count anytime you have a timeout.

Using the queue status in this manner is a bad way of doing things. You effectively change an event driven task to a polling task. SImply use the dequeue to remove the data from the queue.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 11 of 15
(591 Views)

Hello Mark,

one thing clear from your post is that 'I am changing event driven task to polling task'.

But I am not able to understand 'using default value for your dequeue count in timeout case '  and aslo 'resetting count at any time ' .Can you explain me a bit clear ????

Thnx in advance

Regards

Neo

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(586 Views)

@Neo6 wrote:

Hello Mark,

one thing clear from your post is that 'I am changing event driven task to polling task'.

But I am not able to understand 'using default value for your dequeue count in timeout case '  and aslo 'resetting count at any time ' .Can you explain me a bit clear ????

Thnx in advance

Regards

Neo

Look at teh tunnel output for your count on the case statement. It looks like it has a liittle dot in it. This means some of teh cases have no value wired to it and the default value will be used. So when you get a timeout since you have not wired the output for the elements processed count a 0 will be passed out. This resets your count value.

Mark Yedinak
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Message 13 of 15
(582 Views)

Hello Mark,

Thank you very much for your valuable info. I think even if we attend labview courses we may not come through these critical programming mistakes.

Thnx to you and thnx to this forum.

Regards

Neo. 

Message 14 of 15
(579 Views)

@Neo6 wrote:

Hello Mark,

Thank you very much for your valuable info. I think even if we attend labview courses we may not come through these critical programming mistakes.

Thnx to you and thnx to this forum.

Regards

Neo. 

You're welcome. That is why we are here.

Mark Yedinak
LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(570 Views)