LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically determine cDAQ-9191 System Status

MAX shows the system status of a cDAQ-9191, for example "Connected - running".  How can this be checked programmatically?

Durring a week long period of data collection my 9191 will go to "not connected"  however a DAQ read, to an installed TC module, will continue to output data - data that is incorrect and similar to the last good reading - I am trying to trap this situation and prompt the user to take action.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,575 Views)

modded to be more error specific...

Example_VI_BD.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,557 Views)

Thanks for the quick help on a Sunday!!!

Apears to be working - my test network is back up with the change - I'm a bit worried about the for loop hanging if the module goes down....  will test that in a bit.

My implementation follows...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,532 Views)

no problem...i would highly recommend using the error handling and 'or' logic the error cluster into your stop terminal of the loop

as for the 'for loop'....it only processes as many as there are # equipments online in array

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,529 Views)

Soooo - I just went to my remote location and unplugged power from the 9191....  My data collection program continues to show the module as active using the discussed code.  Went into MAX which also showed it as active (no small x on the name) until I refreshed in MAX which of course could no longer find the module.....

The problem then remains - how to show the 9191 has gone "down" on a program collecting data from it in another location - which is after all the point of the WIFI approach? 

Again appreciate the help...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,521 Views)

make sure the name is correct in the string constant (exactly as MAX see it.....), you can probe the product type active device name array.

i tried the code using my USB 6009 plugged into USB port and no errors, but once i unplugged it ...an error showed with user description?

• simulated through MAX cDAQ-9181, ran code>>>no error
  • deleted simulated device named cDAQ-9181 through MAX, ran code>>>error....'cDAQ-9191 not active'?
  • ofcourse, the simulated name is not exact...but used for proving code purposes only

dunno......it works here my friend.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,512 Views)

Yes it apears to be....  See below with a few probes and this is with the 9191 UNPLUGGED  ......

Screen Shot 2013-06-23 at 2.13.13 PM.png

And MAX without a forced refresh...

Screen Shot 2013-06-23 at 2.15.52 PM.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,503 Views)

Yes it apears to be....  See below with a few probes and this is with the 9191 UNPLUGGED  ......

Screen Shot 2013-06-23 at 2.13.13 PM.png

And MAX without a forced refresh...

Screen Shot 2013-06-23 at 2.15.52 PM.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,501 Views)

hmmm....running max shows what is currently plugged into the usb(6009 devce) and any other simulated device>>once i disconnected 6009>>it disappears from 'devices and interfaces' tree?

so, i do not know what to say...do you have current version of it loaded?

also, try merging all your error lines together...otherwise it may stop on an error, but with no way of knowing where?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,495 Views)

Yes all software is latest versions - except I have not checked the 9191 firmware which I will do.  Also an additional detail - 9191, WIFI access point, and remote computer are all using fixed IP's - no DHCP involved.

Will try again tomorrow - got to leave for the day.

Sure do appreciate your prompt efforts to help....

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,495 Views)