LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with builds in 2009

I am having problems when moving one of my projects from 8.6.1 to 2009.

The problem is the Installer. The property window will not open and LabVIEW hangs. At first it seems normal (CPU/Mem Usage (in Task Man)). After a while CPU goes to 0 but mem usage increases very slowly, but the property window does not open.

I created a new Installer without any problems and I can build it from the project view. But when I try to open the property window LabVIEW hangs.

One of my smaller project has no problem.

/Staffan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,767 Views)

Hi Staffan

So you can create new installers, but after creating them you cannot open the properties window? What additional installers are you including if any? Any targets involved? The smaller project that works, does that have any additional installers?

Best Regards

David

NISW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,720 Views)

Yes, I can create a new installer and build it (at least it worked once), but I was then not able to open the property window.

No targets involved.

I have removed all additional installer except for the LVRunTimeEngine 2009.

/Staffan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,685 Views)

Hi Staffan

Can you try to recreate the project? Open a new project, add you files, create a new exe build spec and then a installer build spec. See if that solves your problem

Best Regards

David

Message Edited by Davidek on 08-25-2009 06:05 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,678 Views)

Hi David,

I have been thinking about doing that. I have tried to strip it all down, but have not yet started with a new Exe. I will do that. It may take a while. It runs really slow. Just to open the property window of the installer in 8.6.1 in my project takes at least 1/2 hour.

/Staffan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,674 Views)

That's a really long time. What are your computer specs and how big is your project (number of VIs, shared variables, etc)

Regards

David

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,670 Views)

Computer:

HP Compaq nw8440

T2600 @2.16 GHz

2 GB RAM

Project:

3000+ VIs

No shared variables

LVOO-classes

/Staffan

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,664 Views)

Ok, that's quite a few VIs...Smiley WinkUnderstand that it will take a while to recreate the project.

Just an errant thought, have you already upgraded the VIs to 2009 (masscompile or save all)? If not that could be something to try.Remember to always back up your files before masscompiling.

Best Regards

David

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,659 Views)

I have recompiled all VIs to 2009. I am running a copy of the project on a second computer which only have LV 2009 (I also have all my code in SCC).

/Staffan

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,654 Views)

Hi

This case was continued directly with National Instruments support. The solution was Extending Virtual Memory Usage in Windows.

Best Regards

David

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,497 Views)