From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with input terminal, sub vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi I added a terminal to a sub vi (trying to add an input terminal to accept a string input).  When I display the context help the terminal shows up with a pink wire but when I select the sub vi in the block diagram the new terminal does not show up so it is not possible to add the correct input.  the subvi is used in several places and the program will not run until I add the string input to each location the sub vi is used.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,697 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author svt4cobra6
If the subVI looks greyed out, try right-click then Re-link to subVI.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,696 Views)

that worked!  I have a subvi within a subvi and I need to make an enumeration input of the inner vi accessable when the outer subvi is used.  Any suggestions on how to set this up? thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,655 Views)
Open the outer subvi and go to the diagram. Right-click the desired connector of the Inner subvi and do a "create control". Add the new control to The connector pane of the outer subvi. Save outer subvi with a new name.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,647 Views)