LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot legend/Active Plot

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an odd issue with the plot legend not showing up with the correct label placement on the chart.  It is in a sub vi that selects the data wanted to be displayed ( out of 20) for a list box and plots those only but, when I select more that one it arranges them not as expected.  If I select one it is correct and puts one at the top however when I select two it puts the least significant at the bottom and as I select more it starts again at the top.  I have tried switching the order of the active plot numbers but it still wants to out the next selection at the bottom of the list which puts all of the legend off buy one.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,084 Views)

Property nodes execute from top to bottom. Set the active plot first, then set the plot name.

Message 2 of 8
(1,071 Views)

I thought of that to and did give it a try but I had the same results.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,028 Views)

If you still need help try using the Save for Previous... option and post a 2018 version. 

Many of us are not upgrading LabVIEW anymore due to the new subscription model.  

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,021 Views)

Attached is the 2018 version.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,011 Views)

Please let me know if you need any other files or info.  I agree with your feelings about upgrading...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,002 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author teslac

It may be acting unpredictably because you have all those property nodes running in parallel. It works fine (how I think you want it to look) when I set the active plot first. I hardwired a value of 12 to the for loop so all of the remaining plots are labeled TC-0, but you can get the value programatically.

Capture.PNG

Message 7 of 8
(967 Views)

Thank you for your help and this indeed does work a lot  better than  my original parallel scheme.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(927 Views)