From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts of block diagram can not be modified Labview RT cRIO 9065

Hi, 

I have to reprogram software on our cRIO-9065. However when I try to modify one of the SubVIs on the RT i encounter following issues:

1)  some branches can not be deleted. I click on it, then select: Delete Wire Branch and nothing is happening. Branch is still there

2)  I realized that on the coroner of some loops inside the project there is a padlock icon - see attachment - I tried to google it, but without success.

Please let me know if you encounter such issues before and how i could try to fix it. 

Thanks,

Jan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(918 Views)

Somebody doesn't want you messing with it.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(892 Views)

Hi Folks, 

i am working on an old software that was written on the cROI. Some of the loops have this strange padlock symbol in the corner. could you let me know what does it mean? i

Best, 

Jan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(909 Views)

I already TOLD you what it was in your other post.  It's not going to change if you post again.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(879 Views)

Dear Bill, 

thank you very much for your involvement in my issue, but i would really appreciate technical answer instead of:

''Somebody doesn't want you messing with it''. 

Thank you, 

Jan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(872 Views)

I haven't see that either, but you also give very sparse information except for a blurry picture.

• Do you know who wrote the VI? Is it part of some driver package?
  • You mention "old". How old? What LabVIEW version was used to write this?
  • What is your current LabVIEW version?
  • Do you have all the required modules in addition to plain LabVIEW (e.g. RT, FPGA, etc.)
  • Do you get any special context help when hovering over the structure?
  • Does the Vi currently work correctly? (i.e. not broken)
  • etc.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(855 Views)

LabVIEW DSC (and possibly other tools such as the State Diagram Toolkit) used to have wizards that could create code that was either connecting a control to a Tag variable or a graphical state diagram. Such code was locked to the wizard definition and as long as it stayed locked you could edit the code through its associated wizard configuration.

There should be a right click menu selection to unlock the structure. Once you do that the wizard configuration is lost and you can’t go back and configure it through the wizard mechanism.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 7 of 7
(831 Views)