LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No output from DAQ

I have made a code when I run the VI it is working perfect while when I made the EXE the programme is sending the signals but not receiving any. I am running the EXE with different laptop. I have downloaded the labview and NiDAQ 9.7

I do not have any kind of error or anything just I cannot read the output from DAQ

Any suggestions. Please

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(2,739 Views)

@uturnnn wrote:

I have made a code when I run the VI it is working perfect while when I made the EXE the programme is sending the signals but not receiving any. I am running the EXE with different laptop. I have downloaded the labview and NiDAQ 9.7

I do not have any kind of error or anything just I cannot read the output from DAQ

Any suggestions. Please

Can you post your code or show a snapshot ?

How do you know your EXE is sending signals ? How are you verifying that ?

Kudos are the best way to say thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(2,737 Views)

Check channel names and tasks on the laptop and double check they match what is in the code.  Do you have an error indicator connected to the code generating the output?  If you don't you can just put one in for testing and rebuild the exe to see what is going on and remove it later.  I have no idea if you have done that since I have not seen your code. 

Good error checking is always good with exe's because so many things can change when not using the development machine.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(2,732 Views)

DAQ assistant 1 and 3 has an analog out which is working cause I'M seeing a physical change with my test.

while DAQ assistant 2 has an analog input to labview the problem that I'M not reading any values from it.

This happening only when I'M using Exe file

if I run it on normal labview it is working

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(2,714 Views)

Try running the exe on your LabVIEW machine and see if it works.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(2,702 Views)

it is working

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(2,699 Views)

That would mean something is setup differently with the DAQ on the laptop.  What are you using for IO on the deveopment machine and the laptop?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(2,691 Views)

The only different that I am seeing is that on the development machine I am using NiDaqmx 9.5.1 while in laptop I am using Nidaq 9.7

can it be the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(2,687 Views)

So you are not getting any errors out of DAQ assistant 2?  Did you try putting an indicator on the output of DAQ assistant 2 to see if the data is coming out properly before it goes to the statistics block? (For the exe)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(2,668 Views)

yes there are not any data going throw

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(2,659 Views)