From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyDAQ handeling higher voltage than 10V if we have voltage drops

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi! I'm using a MyDAQ and I need to get a signal from a different device. Here is my question. Seems like the MyDAQ can handle 10+- volts, but can it be damaged if I give it a 24V signal and use a lot of resistors to lower the voltage?

I am showing a brief way of how I am thinking in the attachmentfile.

Thank you 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,003 Views)

Hi! I'm using a MyDAQ and I need to get a signal from a different device. Here is my question. Seems like the MyDAQ can handle 10+- volts, but can it be damaged if I give it a 24V signal and use a lot of resistors to lower the voltage?

I am showing a brief way of how I am thinking in the attachmentfile.

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,993 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kristaje
Hi Kristage, You can design a voltage divider to scale down 24 v to 10v range. Always keep in mind that while designing,select the resistors in such a way that 0 to 24v maps to -10v to 10v for better accuracy on full scale range of your device. Best Regards Deepu Jacob
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting For the inner calling 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,995 Views)

Thanks a lot! 😄 

Kristian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,992 Views)