cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved array on front panel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I create VI on Win 10 and create exe application. Everything looks good on same PC.

But when I run it on some other PC with win7 or win10, arrays are moved from original position.

Please check attachment.

Can someone advise how to solve this.

Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,660 Views)

Hi Milan,

you need to use/set the same font settings on both computers!

Using different fonts (or sizes) results in such (apparently) moved FP elements…

Easiest would be to include some additional keys in the EXE.ini, when you create an executable from your VI.

I usually include:

appFont="Tahoma" 13
dialogFont="Tahoma" 13
systemFont="Tahoma" 13
FPFont="Tahoma" 13
BDFont="Tahoma" 13

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 8
(2,640 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi Milan,

you need to use/set the same font settings on both computers!

Using different fonts (or sizes) results in such (apparently) moved FP elements…

Easiest would be to include some additional keys in the EXE.ini, when you create an executable from your VI.

I usually include:

appFont="Tahoma" 13
dialogFont="Tahoma" 13
systemFont="Tahoma" 13
FPFont="Tahoma" 13
BDFont="Tahoma" 13

Similarly, I have the following in my executables' ini files

appFont="Segoe UI" 13
dialogFont="Segoe UI" 13
systemFont="Segoe UI" 13
returnKeyAction=True

I think the Segoe UI was the default Application Font with Windows 7.  I haven't noticed any differences for Windows 10.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,625 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author milan87

To explain what others have said, LabVIEW by default uses symbolic fonts, which will inherit their look from the OS theme and scaling. If a windows installation has font scaling that is not set at 100% or e.g. uses a gigantic, high contrast font for accessibility by the visually impaired, it will blow up the front panel in unpredictable ways.

Even if you define all fonts in your LabVIEW ini, symbolic fonts still sneak in occasionally. I always wanted a VI analyzer that will find all instances of symbolic fonts, It seems in LabVIEW 2020, it finally got implemented! (See picture. Haven't tested it in detail, though).

Reason enough for me to upgrade everything to 2020! 😄 I don't like modifying the <exe>.ini

altenbach_0-1592932217731.png

Message 4 of 8
(2,596 Views)

Hello all,

thanks , you solve mystery and help me a lot.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,550 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

I don't like modifying the <exe>.ini

I put instrument settings and other parameters in there for almost every application.  So I have absolutely no problem with modifying that ini file.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,536 Views)

How did you get that window with those options?  I'm using LV Pro 2020 SP1 32-bit and get this:

vi analyzer.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,024 Views)

@mysticfree wrote:

How did you get that window with those options?  I'm using LV Pro 2020 SP1 32-bit and get this:

As explained in your other thread, Vi analyzer needs to be installed to get full functionality.

Message 8 of 8
(2,013 Views)