LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why would array columns shift in position when compiled?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using LabVIEW 2020 SP1.  In development mode, the main screen has 3 array columns aligned to each other:

nicely aligned.png

When I run my program, they remain aligned.

When I compile then run the program, they shift vertically and the boxes in 2 outside arrays shorten slightly. 

not aligned.png

I've tried grouping the 3 together, but that didn't help.  I'm not using any code to set the position or size of these indicators. Is there a setting I'm missing to prevent this, or is this a bug?

Thanks,

Ron

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,493 Views)

LabVIEW programs are always compiled, even in development mode!

Are you talking about a built standalone applications?

In this case have a look at the font settings. If your front panel contains symbolic fonts, they will adapt to the desktop settings of the OS and can change size, distorting things.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,487 Views)

Couldn't get the same options as that thread shows:

vi analyzer.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,453 Views)

Yes, I'm referring to the .exe file as the compiled file.  The font style in option-environment is set to "application" font and size 18.  There are no symbols on the screen.

prod analysis scrn.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,450 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mysticfree

"Application" is a symbolic font (Not a symbol font!). In comparison, a named font (e.g. Tahoma") is not a symbolic font. An symbolic font inherits from the current OS and can change unpredictably between systems..

(It seems you don't have VI analyzer license, so you only get a stripped down version that can do simple things. Manually check your controls. Note that the array container, array elements, and text inside the array elements might all differ in font, so you need to dig.)

You could try a "select all" (ctrl+a) on the front panel, then use the font pulldown to e.g. select "Tahoma" or "Segoe UI"

Message 6 of 9
(1,445 Views)

Thanks, changed font to Tahoma and .exe run matched development run. 

There's yet another cost to LabVIEW Developer?  Good grief...  There was a time when the full vi analyzer was part of the package.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,433 Views)

Since you can built executables, you might already have the professional edition (compare here). Maybe you skipped the VI analyzer when installing?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,419 Views)

Yes, I have the full-blown Pro Development package.  And several versions ago, I remember using a feature-rich vi analyzer.

I've just downloaded and installed the vi analyzer toolkit but it won't activate with my license.  I searched for the pricing but couldn't find that on NI's site.  So I've submitted a support ticket about this.  ::: sigh :::

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,410 Views)