LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX GPIB VISA RESOURCES

Hi, 

I am having an issue when I run one programme , I got a message saying GPIB drivers are not installed properly so I am checking everything works ... Do you think from this pic you could say the GPIB cables are connected properly and the drivers work pefectly ? My doubt is if the fact of having all the numbers below the interrogation sign on the miscellaneous visa resources could indicate any issue

visa.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,001 Views)

Hi Lorquino,

which GPIB interface do you use?

Which software is installed? (Show an image with "Software" tree expanded…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,985 Views)

I am just wondering if from that pic you can asses if the GPIB connection should work properly.. and it should need any other driver, thanks

software.jpeg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,980 Views)

Hi Lorquino,

so we see there is VISA and NI-488.2 installed.

You still don't mention which GPIB interface (manufacturer, type) you are using…

This is what I get when I plugin my USB-GPIB-HS from NI:

check.png

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,976 Views)

So I am using the GPIB 82357B as you can see on the first pic, on the second pic you can see what the MAX shows , Do you think the issue could come from here ? What would you do ?

GPIB.jpegTrigger235.jpeg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,969 Views)

Hi Lorquino,

ah, those "cheaper" Keysight/HP/Agilent GPIB interfaces…

When installing device drivers for those interfaces you need to obey a certain order of installations. And you need to enable additional support in NI's drivers called "Tulip support" when installing VISA/NI488.2. Did you do that? (Read this!)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,967 Views)

A couple things here

1. When you open MAX it shows the last found devices by default. You have to use "Find Instruments" to refresh the list. So by just looking at a picture of your MAX screen nobody can say if any of those devices will operate correctly.
  2. HP/Agilent/Keysight GPIB interfaces need the NI-Tulip driver enabled in MAX.

Follow the instructions in my reply here to enable the Tulip driver your GPIB card needs

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,946 Views)