Liscense

In how many system, I can use the same liscense or serial numbers

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,025 Views)

Hi Hyderiqbal,

@Hyderiqbal wrote:

Why don't you read your specific license agreement? It will tell you the amount of allowed installations...

(You will not get a lot of legal recommendations in a public forum! Software license usage is a legal problem, not a LabVIEW-programming related problem.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 5
(1,010 Views)

GerdW is correct.  Here is a link to the KnowledgeBase article which gives you some general guidelines about the usage rules but note that it tells you to contact NI for specifics about your particular situation.  

Activating LabVIEW or LabWindows/CVI License on Multiple Computers - NI

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(967 Views)

@Hyderiqbal wrote:

First call NI an ask to be sure but... Historically you were allowed two installations of the development system. One at work and one at home. 

If you need to debug a program "onsite" you can install the development system in evaluation mode for temporary use.

Once you compile a program into an executable. You can install that EXE and the LabVIEW runtime libraries on as many computer as you want. You can even sell your EXE as the source code you write and EXE's you build are your (company's) intellectual property. 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(953 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:
Historically you were allowed two installations of the development system. One at work and one at home.

Historically, it was 3 installations: desk, lab, home.  But I will also admit that it has been near a decade since I looked at the Ts&Cs to verify this.  And with NI going to the subscription model as of 2 weeks ago, I'm not sure anymore.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 5
(946 Views)