From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMEGA OMB-DAQ 2408 Data Acquisition Issue

I am having trouble working with data acquisition in LabView. I am using an OMEGA OMB-DAQ 2048 data acquisition board (manual attached) to acquire 2 voltage signals. I have configured the board to acquire data at 1000 samples per second. I am using a sub-vi (attached) to acquire the data. The sub-vi requires input of a sampling rate and number of samples per channel. However, none of the settings I am using seem to match with the actual data acquisition rate I am getting in LabView (which is very low and produces choppy data). I have played around with changing settings in both the sub-vi and the board and have been unsuccessful in figuring anything out. The settings seen in the screenshot provided seem to work the best. I have used a different program (TracerDAQ) to test the board and the computer. The data acquisition in this program works perfectly fine, so I figure I have a setting wrong somewhere in LabView. How do I get LabView to acquire data at the rate I would like it to using this data acquisition board? I've included a screenshot of my program while it is running and a file of data acquired during that same run. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,017 Views)

Hi Eli,

@Eli32 wrote:

I am using an OMEGA OMB-DAQ 2048 data acquisition board (manual attached) to acquire 2 voltage signals. I have configured the board to acquire data at 1000 samples per second.

The data acquisition in this program works perfectly fine, so I figure I have a setting wrong somewhere in LabView. How do I get LabView to acquire data at the rate I would like it to using this data acquisition board?

You don't have a "wrong setting", but a completely wrong approach!

Currently you do this:

1. initializing a DAQ task
  2. setting several parameters of that task, including samplerate
  3. reading just a single sample (!)
  4. clearing/closing/finishing this task
  5. start over with step 1

Can you see the error in those steps?

Initializing/parametrizing a task takes its time, cleaning up that task too: all that work/time just to read one single sample?

Please try again, but implement these steps:

1. initialize a DAQ task
  2. set all parameters, including samplerate
  3. read 100 samples
  4. repeat step 3 until error or measurement finished
  5. clear the task

This is how most DAQmx example VIs do the job: it is also advised to learn from example VIs coming with LabVIEW...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(955 Views)

Thank you GerdW,

I am using the examples you pointed to and it is working a lot better, however I am struggling to figure out how to acquire data from more than one channel at the same time. Here is the sample program I am using.

Thank you for you help,

Eli

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(799 Views)