LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Community Edition Download error

When attempting to download the community edition of Labview I repeatedly get the message the download was not successful I have tried over several days using different ISP's and different computers. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,210 Views)

When you say the download was not successful, what have you been downloading?

Have you tried downloading the offline installer? Or conversely, have you tried installing the smaller, online installer?

(Just trying to gather information.)

-joeorbob

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,142 Views)

I believe it is the offline version, but do not know for sure. I have no problem downloading the Runtime edition, but always get the error when attempting to download the community edition from the following web page:

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/downloads/software-products/download.labview.html#343639

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,133 Views)

I just looked on ni.com to try to download LabVIEW Community Edition and wound up at the same link as you posted. I clicked the download button, confirmed my login, and downloaded it just fine.

It is definitely an Offline installer (it even says so in the file name) - it doesn't seem like there's an "Online" version of the installer.

I know that when I have had less-than-ideal internet, I would sometimes have large downloads fail. This download is 1.9GB, which is pretty big. (It took 1+ minutes on a hardwired Ethernet connection at my work, which is much better than at my home. Mileage may vary.) Are the internet connections you've tried completely stable/reliable? If you're downloading over Wi-fi, are you close to the router? Have you tried a hardwired connection?

(At this point, I am out of my depth besides recommending you try somewhere with more reliable internet...which it sounds like you've already tried.)

If you still have trouble even after trying more/better internet locations, I would email NI to see if you can arrange for a physical disc. (If they allow it, you would likely have to pay for the cost of the disc, shipping, etc.)

Beyond that, I don't know what to recommend (maybe someone else has an idea - or you can Google for ideas of how improve your connection).

Best of luck...

-joeorbob

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,127 Views)

After downloading 0.5 GB of the installation file, always get 'Failed - Network Error' in Chrome and Edge Browsers both at home and at the office.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(1,694 Views)

@Jim_Nation wrote:

After downloading 0.5 GB of the installation file, always get 'Failed - Network Error' in Chrome and Edge Browsers both at home and at the office.

I didn't have a problem yesterday using the 2021sp1 link on the floated thread.  Spent all day downloading Drivers but 2021 sp 1 CE activated well.

For consideration,  I HAVE so many items in MAX>SOFTWARE installed that when I installed LabVIEW 2021 MAX failed to recognize LabVIEW 18, 19, 20, 21 and repeated 17.  Yes, I need a new laptop and I have installed SRLs between 2011 and 2020 .... XML HELL could not keep up with 50+ products at 10+ versions.

And, I was only able to install DAQmx and am missing DMM, SCOPE, FGEN, ETC... that usually are encluded in NI DEVICE DRIVERS. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(1,687 Views)

I meet the same issue when attempting to download the 2020 or 2020 SP1 community offline version.
The error occurs at about 50% of the download process.
I have tried with Firefox, Chrome and Edge.

There are no issues with the 2021(SP1) and 2022 Community version.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(1,463 Views)

Hey i cant downlaod the Labwiev 2020 community edition, the download allways tops at the half, is there a server problem?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(1,425 Views)

I didn't think Emerson would trash LabVIEW this fast 😮

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 9 of 13
(1,396 Views)

@tristan99 wrote:

Hey i cant downlaod the Labwiev 2020 community edition, the download allways tops at the half, is there a server problem?

Yes, I get the same problem.

Try the 2022 Q3 instead. I am not sure why older than current versions of the community edition are even listed.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(1,346 Views)