From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Community 2020 Edition Activation

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey, thanks for writing your solution!

After so many searches and attempts, disabling the TCP/IPv6 on my Wi-Fi adapter allowed the activation to go through.

Thanks again! 

---
SergioR
Message 71 of 123
(2,524 Views)

Wasted hours trying to get this activation to work. Finally found this thread. Unticked IPV6 in my network adapter config and activation worked straight away. Why are we being beta testers for something that should have been properly tested in the first place. I hope this is not a foretaste of what Labview is like in general

0 Kudos
Message 72 of 123
(2,458 Views)

@Gibsonmb wrote:

Wasted hours trying to get this activation to work. Finally found this thread. Unticked IPV6 in my network adapter config and activation worked straight away. Why are we being beta testers for something that should have been properly tested in the first place. I hope this is not a foretaste of what Labview is like in general

Especially when the whole selling point of this activation method was to make it easy to activate!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 73 of 123
(2,418 Views)

Hi All, 

We've released a fix to our activation logic today. Machines running with IPv6 should no longer have issues during activation, and the workaround of disabling IPv6 should no longer be required. We apologize for the complications here and appreciate your patience!

Thanks,

Mackenzie

Message 74 of 123
(2,394 Views)

Awesome!  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 75 of 123
(2,386 Views)

Thanks!!

---
SergioR
0 Kudos
Message 76 of 123
(2,373 Views)

I needed to switch off IPv6 an turn on IPv4 and then I was able to connect.

0 Kudos
Message 77 of 123
(2,290 Views)

Turning off IPV6 worked for me on Labview Community Edition but it did not work for Labview NXG Community Edition so that is still not registered. Thus system is really rubbish. I've sent an email to registration@ni.com for help but of course received no response.

0 Kudos
Message 78 of 123
(2,287 Views)

did you run those 2 editions within the same email or NI account ?

if yes then you may have additional problems with the key server .

0 Kudos
Message 79 of 123
(2,276 Views)

Same email and downloaded through the NI account whilst logged on. I've sort of given up with NI. I'm reasonably techy and if it's this hard and unsupported by NI just to even register the product for some test use then I think I'll look elsewhere for a solution. They clearly don't want or need the business.

0 Kudos
Message 80 of 123
(2,257 Views)