LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Community 2020 Edition Activation

Solved!
Go to solution

@billko: The toolkits should not matter for activating LabVIEW Community Edition. 

@All: The IT teams refreshed some of our systems that are involved in the LabVIEW Community Edition activation process earlier today, and it seems like things are working again. If you had a failed activation attempt earlier this week, you will need to follow these three steps: 

1. Log out of NI License Manager
  2. Re-download LabVIEW Community Edition using the same User ID that you will use when logging into NI License Manager
    • Note that a full re-install is not required at this step
  3. Launch and log into NI License Manager to reattempt activation

Please let me know if the issues persist, and I can troubleshoot them with the appropriate development teams. 

Thanks!

Mackenzie

Message 51 of 123
(3,372 Views)

@Mackenzie8907 wrote:

@billko: The toolkits should not matter for activating LabVIEW Community Edition. 

@All: The IT teams refreshed some of our systems that are involved in the LabVIEW Community Edition activation process earlier today, and it seems like things are working again. If you had a failed activation attempt earlier this week, you will need to follow these three steps: 

2. Re-download LabVIEW Community Edition using the same User ID that you will use when logging into NI License Manager

Please let me know if the issues persist, and I can troubleshoot them with the appropriate development teams. 

Thanks!

Mackenzie

I will try that when I get home.  Thanks for taking care of us.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 52 of 123
(3,363 Views)

@Mackenzie8907 wrote:

Thanks!

Mackenzie

It WORKED!!!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Message 53 of 123
(3,354 Views)

Have previously downloaded LabVIEW 2020f1 Community edition for Mac (M1 Running Big Sur).  Have tried all suggestions on forum, to no avail.  Also, of course there is no NI License Manager on Mac so some of the suggestions don't apply to it.  

Another attempt today on my Mac:  Logged out of my NI account, Downloaded Community Edition.  Logged out again.  Started LabVIEW Community Edition: Log in the Activate.  It first says activated, and immediately thereafter a pop-up comes saying "Unable to verify Community Edition Entitlement.   Download again.   So here I go, round and round.

Am wondering, am I not permitted to Community Edition on multiple machine (One Mac and Windows)?I do have Windows machine with community edition, so I go to it, disable the license via the License Manager 4.6, Log out of License Manager, go back to Mac, and try again.  Get same messages. Use my same NI login on both machines.

Still stuck.

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 123
(3,242 Views)

I looked at my products and I have a license for both Mac and Windows... and I never downloaded the Mac version.  Hmmm...

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 55 of 123
(3,228 Views)

@Mackenzie8907 wrote:

Thanks!

Mackenzie

I tried all that and it didn't work.  It says "There is no license associated with your NI User account."

I have uninstalled LabVIEW CE and re-installed it to no avail.  I have uninstalled everything and re-installed only LabVIEW.  Nothing.

I had CE installed and then decided to install SP1.  Shouldn't have done it, now I am stuck.  Please don't tell me that I have to re-install Windows.

Any help would be appreciated.  I am using Windows 10 Pro.  I was using LabVIEW 2020 CE.

0 Kudos
Message 56 of 123
(3,160 Views)

I am in the same situation, did all what was suggested above, step by step, with no success. Win10 in virtual machine (Virtualbox), product is properly included in "MyProducts" list, install file downloaded from inside virtual machine with my account (same used to try activation). Still the same ("There is no license associated ith your user account").

NI please help, possibily with an alternative activation procedure for those who have this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 57 of 123
(3,087 Views)

I am also having this issue with LabVIEW 2020 CE after reinstalling Windows 10. It's the same "no licenses..." issue on a fresh Win10 install. I did have LabVIEW on this machine prior to the reinstall. I have also followed the advice in this thread.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 58 of 123
(3,077 Views)

@Miles91 wrote:

I am also having this issue with LabVIEW 2020 CE after reinstalling Windows 10. It's the same "no licenses..." issue on a fresh Win10 install. I did have LabVIEW on this machine prior to the reinstall. I have also followed the advice in this thread.

Thanks.

I wish I could help more.  I've had a problem with every single LV CE install on my machine so far.  I was lucky enough to find a way out of that mess each time, and I solved it a different way each time.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 59 of 123
(3,059 Views)

Hello all,

I am not able to activate the labview community edition. I get the below error:

"There is no license associated with your NI User account labview community"

I had previously installed it in another laptop. I am unfortunately not able to install in a new laptop.

Regards,

Embedded_Geek

0 Kudos
Message 60 of 123
(3,068 Views)