From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabelMark 5 software

Solved!
Go to solution

I am wondering how to save a string to a Labelmark 5 file.  I want to use a certain template in the Labelmark software so I can print to specific labels.  Any suggestions?  The order I think I need to accomplish this is:

Open template

Save string to template

Print

Close (without saving)

I downloaded their 30 day free trial which is stated to be the same as the professional version.  I am using a Brady IP300 printer if this information helps.  I see there is a lot of stuff under Report Generation but a lot of them are specific to Word or Excel.

Thanks!

ncm

-ncm
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,768 Views)

Hi ncm,

I am not very familiar with LabelMark software, however I do not believe that there is a built in way to write to a LabelMark 5 file without knowing exactly how the data is stored in a LabelMark 5 file. That being said, there may be an alternate way of approaching this issue. I have never used LabelMark software, but reading through the LabelMark FAQs reveals that LabelMark has the ability to import data for labels from an external database using a data scheme. You might be able to just save the data from LabVIEW into a file in the format desired by LabelMark (comma-delimited, tab-delimited, etc.) and then use LabelMark's data schemes to import that data into their software. Below are two links to LabelMark's support files that may be useful. I hope this explanation has helped some.

External Link: LabelMark FAQs #14 - What is a data scheme?

http://www.bradyid.com/bradyid/cms/contentView.do/9338/gp.html#Q14

External Link: LabelMark Help Files - Managing LabelMark 5.X Data Schemes

http://www.bradyftp.com/marcom/EMEA/DIS_E_NEWS/JUNE_2011/Spotlight_Managing_database_schemes_EN.pdf

Regards,

Mike Watts
Product Manager - Modular Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,727 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ncm

So, I did a little more digging into the subject.  The suggestions that you gave had me interested.  I spoke with a representative and there is not a capability for LabVIEW to print using the Labelmark 5 software since it does not have an API.  But that is ok, I have adjusted/designed a LabVIEW program that uses Excel to print on the Brady printer using the correct label size.  I tried using Word, but the problem is that Word does not save the printer setting in the advanced menu like I need it to but Excel does (one of the buggy things about Word that I don't like) 

I posted what I came up with in:

How to print using a Brady Printer IP300

in the discussion forum (not sure how to add a link to that discussion)
-ncm
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,701 Views)

Hi ncm,

Thank you for posting your solution. I will link the forum post that you mentioned so that future users can easily find the answer. 

NI LabVIEW Forum: How to print using a Brady Printer IP300

Regards,

Mike Watts
Product Manager - Modular Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,691 Views)

Thanks Mike!!!

-ncm
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,688 Views)