LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabelMark 5 software

Solved!
Go to solution

I am wondering how to save a string to a Labelmark 5 file.  I want to use a certain template in the Labelmark software so I can print to specific labels.  Any suggestions?  The order I think I need to accomplish this is:

Open template

Save string to template

Print

Close (without saving)

I downloaded their 30 day free trial which is stated to be the same as the professional version.  I am using a Brady IP300 printer if this information helps.  I see there is a lot of stuff under Report Generation but a lot of them are specific to Word or Excel.

Thanks!

ncm

-ncm
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,730 Views)

Hi ncm,

I am not very familiar with LabelMark software, however I do not believe that there is a built in way to write to a LabelMark 5 file without knowing exactly how the data is stored in a LabelMark 5 file. That being said, there may be an alternate way of approaching this issue. I have never used LabelMark software, but reading through the LabelMark FAQs reveals that LabelMark has the ability to import data for labels from an external database using a data scheme. You might be able to just save the data from LabVIEW into a file in the format desired by LabelMark (comma-delimited, tab-delimited, etc.) and then use LabelMark's data schemes to import that data into their software. Below are two links to LabelMark's support files that may be useful. I hope this explanation has helped some.

External Link: LabelMark FAQs #14 - What is a data scheme?

http://www.bradyid.com/bradyid/cms/contentView.do/9338/gp.html#Q14

External Link: LabelMark Help Files - Managing LabelMark 5.X Data Schemes

http://www.bradyftp.com/marcom/EMEA/DIS_E_NEWS/JUNE_2011/Spotlight_Managing_database_schemes_EN.pdf

Regards,

Mike Watts
Product Manager - Modular Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,689 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ncm

So, I did a little more digging into the subject.  The suggestions that you gave had me interested.  I spoke with a representative and there is not a capability for LabVIEW to print using the Labelmark 5 software since it does not have an API.  But that is ok, I have adjusted/designed a LabVIEW program that uses Excel to print on the Brady printer using the correct label size.  I tried using Word, but the problem is that Word does not save the printer setting in the advanced menu like I need it to but Excel does (one of the buggy things about Word that I don't like) 

I posted what I came up with in:

How to print using a Brady Printer IP300

in the discussion forum (not sure how to add a link to that discussion)
-ncm
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,663 Views)

Hi ncm,

Thank you for posting your solution. I will link the forum post that you mentioned so that future users can easily find the answer. 

NI LabVIEW Forum: How to print using a Brady Printer IP300

Regards,

Mike Watts
Product Manager - Modular Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,653 Views)

Thanks Mike!!!

-ncm
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,650 Views)